Charger question for X2D battery

Previous topic - Next topic

JCM-Photos

All X cameras use the same form factor for batteries.

The first batteries as X1D was launched have less capacity than today, but they are all  interchangeable.

First batteries had also a weird feature, they switched internally off after some days unused and needed a few seconds on a charger to be switched on again !

I still have some first generation batteries working fine, but before going out to shoot I have to verify if that batteries in cameras and spares are switched on and if not just put each unswitched a few seconds in the charger.
In the past I made a few bad experiences, just grabbing the camera bag to go out and once on the terrain having all my batteries switched off.
Solution is having the dual charger with a power bank in the bag.
Sharpen your eyes not your files

Orokaj

Quote from: ymc226 on November 08, 2023, 01:26:32 PM
Quote from: Whitten on November 08, 2023, 06:33:02 AM
I'm using one of these:
https://www.nitecore.co.uk/products/nitecore-uhx1-pro-hasselblad-camera-charger.html?utm_source=GoogleBase&utm_media=Product+Search&ID=13288&F1=0&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIg-D9tbWyggMVQ4ZQBh0JQwKnEAQYASABEgJLuPD_BwE

They are local to me, although they don't allow personal visits. I ordered it online. I have three batteries. While I'm using one the other two are recharging.

Thanks for making me aware of the Nitecore charger; I didn't realize they made one for the XD1 as I do still have ones for the Leica M9 (had ones for the Leica SL and M10)

I would stay away from the Nitecore ones. I have both the Hasselblad dual charger and this Nitecore one, Nitecore one is significantly slower...i have heard similar also from other users. Just get the Hasselblad Hub, its good.
Jakoro
Jack Xu

Whitten

It is slow, but that doesn't make much difference if you are recharging batteries while using a charged battery.
The Hassleblad charger is a lot more expensive.

ymc226

Quote from: JCM-Photos on November 08, 2023, 05:24:14 PM
All X cameras use the same form factor for batteries.

The first batteries as X1D was launched have less capacity than today, but they are all  interchangeable.

First batteries had also a weird feature, they switched internally off after some days unused and needed a few seconds on a charger to be switched on again !

I still have some first generation batteries working fine, but before going out to shoot I have to verify if that batteries in cameras and spares are switched on and if not just put each unswitched a few seconds in the charger.
In the past I made a few bad experiences, just grabbing the camera bag to go out and once on the terrain having all my batteries switched off.
Solution is having the dual charger with a power bank in the bag.

I have a question.  The first generation batteries were 3200ma (the ones that go to sleep mode) vs the current generation 3400ma.  Do the 3400ma ones still "time out" in needing to be put back into the charger after they go into a sleep mode?  This review of the Hasselblad vs Nitecore UHX1 charger seems to state that in the conclusions section. https://www.vieribottazzini.com/2019/09/nitecore-uhx1-pro-hasselblad-x1d-battery-charging-hub-review.html. I am going on a trip but will only take the in camera battery and charging cable/charger that came with the camera to minimize carry ons and don't want to be stuck with an inoperable camera.