Printing raw files vs tiff 16

Previous topic - Next topic

tenmangu81

First you must show your tools panel, then in the reproduction tab.
As shown below (bottom of the screenshot):
Robert

NickT

Quote from: SaraBMay on November 20, 2023, 03:00:19 PM
Thanks, Nick. I re-installed Phocus, and still no Hasselblad RGB or L*RGB to choose from in Output Profiles. If I choose "source" as the output profile, I get Hasselblad RGB embedded in the file, which gets me halfway there, but I'd love to be able to get L*RGB as well. I'm not sure why it's not showing up in output profile options, even with "Show all Profiles" checked? All of my Epson ICC profiles are visible under output profile options, but the only Hasselblad profiles are the CMYK options I mentioned in my previous post. I know you mentioned looking in my profiles folder and the library folder, but I looked for a profiles folder in my User folder and in the Library folder and don't see one. Just the ColorSync folder and the profiles that are loaded there. Thanks so much for any insights!
I think it worth pointing out that Hasselblad RGB is absolutely huge, much bigger than ProPhoto RGB. I meant to say the other way around Profoto is huge. This means that you are going to be editing colours that you cannot see. IMO ProPhotoRGB HasselbladRGB encompasses sufficient colours for any currently available output. I think Adobe RGB is a wiser choice for 99% of users. If you want to see just how big HasselbladRGB ProfotoRGB is, open it with colour sync utility, right click and choose "hold for comparison" and load another profile to compare.

Edited to add, try loading your preferred RGB working space then compare your monitor profile and see what you are not seeing...
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Whitten

Even Hasselblad recommend Hasselblad RGB over L RGB.

JCM-Photos

Hasselblad RGB space is not plenty bigger than Prophoto, it is really bigger than Adobe RGB in terms of space volume.

L* is not visually really bigger than Hasselblad RGB, it has better finer tonal details in the very dark tones, this difference is visible on my high end Eizo CG screen with Adobe RGB gammut, also visible on my Epson P800 prints.

What choice you have to do depends for me of your choice in image rendering.
If you want bigger full deep black image surface, Hasselblad RGB is the right choice
If you want subtle deep black variations and less full black image surface it's L*

Non L* has more visual impact
L* is more on the less impressive true rendering side
but as mentioned above, for me differences are subtle.
Sharpen your eyes not your files

NickT

Quote from: JCM-Photos on November 23, 2023, 11:11:38 PM
Hasselblad RGB space is not plenty bigger than Prophoto, it is really bigger than Adobe RGB in terms of space volume.

Apologies you are absolutely right I had this the wrong way round.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

JCM-Photos

Sharpen your eyes not your files

SaraBMay

Quote from: tenmangu81 on November 21, 2023, 09:44:59 AM

Ahhhh, THANK you! Got it. I know Hasselblad recommends using Hasselblad RGB rather than L *RGB, but it's nice having the option to compare for oneself. Thanks!

tenmangu81

Quote from: SaraBMay on November 27, 2023, 03:27:47 PM
Quote from: tenmangu81 on November 21, 2023, 09:44:59 AM

Ahhhh, THANK you! Got it. I know Hasselblad recommends using Hasselblad RGB rather than L *RGB, but it's nice having the option to compare for oneself. Thanks!

Pleasure !! ;)
Robert

Plancton06

I can set Adobe Camera Raw to Hasselblad L RGB easier than Phocus.
If I drag the files straight from the X2d ( in storage mode) into Photoshop, it seems camera raw allows keeping the Hasselblad L RGB space.
For those of us preferring Adobe camera raw over Phocus, this seems like a very efficient workflow.