Flexcolor 4.8.6 won't update firmware?

Previous topic - Next topic

Durden

Hi Everyone,
Yesterday I got Flex 4.8.6 installed.  The rep who demoed the software said we would get a firmware update the first time we tethered the camera.
We are using an H1 with 22ms Imacon 58C Ixpress bank and the software just read the calibration data function like the previous versions without updating firmware.
Any thoughts on why I'm not getting the firmware update?
Thanks,
Jeff

Dustbak

Ah.... Apparently I am not the only one. I use a H2/CF39/384 on both backs I did not get a firmware upgrade. I would like to know as well, I did understand 4.8.6 would come with a firmware upgrade.

grandguru

Try this!
With Flexcolor OFF! connect the firewire to the back with the traffic light button held down until you get a message in the screen. THEN start Flexcolor 4.8.6. It should upgrade.

Durden

Well, there is no traffic light buttons on the 528c Ixpress.

What to do???

Durden

I got some tech support so..........

I had to go to H system update under maintenance window and load the combined.hbf file.

Just in case you were wondering.

Dustbak

Don't know what the traffic light button is on my CF39? Also the combined.hbf, isn't this an old firmware version? I still have not been able to update my firmware. Is it the idea to downgrade by means of applying the old combined.hbf and than upgrade by starting 4.8.6? Or is there a new version available of the combined.hbf?

NickT

The "Traffic light button is the IAA button on your back (circled in red below).
You can pull the combined .hbf (firmware) out of your application package by control clicking on the flexcolor.app icon. Option drag this file to your desktop (thus making a copy), then in flexcolor choose Maintenance/H System update and locate the hbf.

Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Dustbak

Ok, thx Nick! This I can do.

BTW Was this something I could have read in the manual ;)

NickT

Hah
I don't think that one is in the manual :)
Nick-T

Dustbak

DenisM

My problem with the upgrade is that I've managed to upgrade the back's firmware, but I can't upgrade the body's firmware.

When I connect the firewire cable and try to upgrade either by inserting a flashcard with the firmware on it, or by starting 4.8.6 and getting the prompt to upgrade when it detects that the body's firmware is not upgraded, in both cases I get a message on the camera's screen saying that the back has no power. (Note: The back gets all the power it needs if I choose 'No' when prompted to upgrade and simply start shooting!!)

Hasselblad support have told me that some computers don't pump out the required 10A and that this is why I can't upgrade using this computer. Great!  >:(

Any ideas of a workaround?

Thanks.

D.

ps. I've tried two different cables.

NickT

Hi denis
PC or mac? You really want to use a desktop machine when updating firmware..
See my post above, extract the hbf and select "H system maintenance" from the menu, selecting the hbf when prompted, this should update the body even if it appears dead.
Nick-T

DenisM

Nick,

You were right!

Just set up my new desktop this afternoon and I was able to update the body firmware in seconds.

Many thanks.

Denis  ;)