Phocus 3.7.5 Standard Preview blurry?

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicci

Hi guys,

I recently discovered (this is after updating to macOS Sonoma), that the standard preview in Phocus (after importing) is burry/unsharp but totally fine when zooming in to 100%.
Does anyone share this experience? Possible solutions?
FYI: MacBook Pro M1 Max (Sonoma 14.0); EIZO CG277 & CS2470

Best regards,

Nicci

fh29

Noticed the same on a M1 studio and Sonoma.
The preview is sharp at certain magnification values and blurred in between them.
At this point I'm not sure it's a Sonoma issue or related to the new 3.7.5 version. I upgraded both around the same time.

NickT

At certain magnifications Phocus renders the actual file; 100%, 50% (I think), and maybe 25%. At other magnifications it uses the embedded preview (to speed viewing).

Firstly always make sure to check your file at 100% so you know you are looking at the actual file and not a preview.

Secondly in Preferences make sure you have previews set to the largest size, this might help with your issue if you are running a high resolution screen or it may be a bug :)

Hope that helps.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Nicci

Quote from: NickT on October 13, 2023, 03:17:05 PM
At certain magnifications Phocus renders the actual file; 100%, 50% (I think), and maybe 25%. At other magnifications it uses the embedded preview (to speed viewing).

Firstly always make sure to check your file at 100% so you know you are looking at the actual file and not a preview.

Secondly in Preferences make sure you have previews set to the largest size, this might help with your issue if you are running a high resolution screen or it may be a bug :)

Hope that helps.

You are right. Images displayed above 25% are sharp and perfectly usable, any value below 25% turns them into a blurry mess (as Phocus uses the embedded preview). Unfortunatley this doesn't solve my problem. My main display requires 23% in oder to represent the images in its entirety and my older EIZO 14%. Preview is set to extra large. I guess there is a bug. I actually do not see a difference when changing the preview size. Maybe Phocus only applies these altered setting to newly imported files.

Thanks for your help!

Nicci

Unfortunately, the problem persists with Phocus 3.7.6. It's annoying not being able to see the entire image unblurred. For now, I am skipping Phocus as part of my workflow. Being honest, for black and white it doesn't make a difference anyway.