mount problem x2d ssd and macOS sonoma

Previous topic - Next topic

bcvthul

After updating my Macbook Air to macOS Sonoma I can't mount my x2d ssd. Both devices (x2d and macbook) do not give error messages.

Do other people have the same problem?
Does anybody know a solution?

mtclearwave

I got around the mounting bug by first viewing my first photo in the camera. Then I turned off camera and then back up on. Then I plugged in the camera and then pushing on the left red lined box. Then opened up Phocus and saw that the X2D was properly mounted. Don't know why this procedure worked - - just glad it does  :)

Andy Miller Photo UK

Quote from: bcvthul on September 30, 2023, 03:44:12 PM
After updating my Macbook Air to macOS Sonoma I can't mount my x2d ssd. Both devices (x2d and macbook) do not give error messages.

Do other people have the same problem?
Does anybody know a solution?
Works great for me
Does the option to select "Mass Storage" come up on the back of the X2D -- which of course has to be powered on -- or not. If not then you have a hardware/cable issue.

bcvthul

I have spent some time with this problem. I found some tips on internet. With one of these tips I managed to mount the ssd. I created a new user on my macbook. With this new user the ssd was mounted automatically.

Then I went back to the problem that the ssd was not mounted on my account. I used the disk utility program.
In this program the ssd disk is seen but it is grey.

The disk utility program has also a 'button'  activating/de-activating a disk. For the ssd I had the option to activate it. After doing this the disk is mounted.

Now, when I want to acces the files on the ssd, the ssd is automatically mounted when I press the ' mass storage'  option on my x2d.

Problem solved.