What's the best deal on X2D?

Previous topic - Next topic

grotte

I see that Robert White in the UK undercuts B&H by almost $1K. Makes me greedy for even better deal. Any ideas?

MattPZ

That's list price everywhere in the UK (that Robert White has it listed for).  I just got one here and couldn't find anything cheaper than list

There was one ebay seller in the UK offering a brand new one, still sealed (according to the listing) and said with full manufacturer warranty that was £6800 or thereabouts - but I didn't trust the origin of the camera so avoided it

Camera Price Buster that lists and monitors a huge range of retailers to find best price also only has the X2D listed at full price.

Andy Miller Photo UK

Quote from: MattPZ on September 30, 2023, 09:46:51 AM
That's list price everywhere in the UK (that Robert White has it listed for).  I just got one here and couldn't find anything cheaper than list

There was one ebay seller in the UK offering a brand new one, still sealed (according to the listing) and said with full manufacturer warranty that was £6800 or thereabouts - but I didn't trust the origin of the camera so avoided it

Camera Price Buster that lists and monitors a huge range of retailers to find best price also only has the X2D listed at full price.

You "really" want to buy a camera and lenses like the X2D-100C and the latest XCD lenses from a recognised Hasselblad dealer.

Warranty and local support is ESSENTIAL and I would never Gray market any such product.

MattPZ

Nor I

I got mine from Clifton Cameras who have always been very good for me - and they have a warehouse in Gloucester only 20 minutes from me, so often I am able to go and pick kit up from there if wanted quickly.  I have previously bought some kit grey, but I wouldn't have done so for the X2D, even if I had found such a thing readily available.

bmikiten

Buy new from a real dealer. There are too many (ebay) scams out there and if something goes wrong, you are in deep doo-doo. B&H offers a PPA discount.