X2D 100C - Histogram option greyed out?

Previous topic - Next topic

MattPZ

I have just taken delivery of an X2D, it is up to date with latest firmware (camera and lens)

When going in to custom overlays, I can't select the Histogram as one of the options - all others are available, but the Histogram one is greyed and can not be selected.  Similarly if I go into the combined sub menu it is greyed out as an option there.  I have tried to RTFM but can find nothing

Fairly new to the system, can anyone let me know what I am doing wrong? (I attached a photo, though actually it isn't clear to see the grey vs white! )

many thanks

Matt

Ralf

is it grayed out even with the lens attached?

MattPZ

Ralf

Can you select "combined" and then "exposure info" and "histogram" individually?  That should lead to the same result.  I can't understand why the "Histogram + Exposure Info" display is grayed out, sorry.  On my X2D I can select any field there.

satijntje

Domip

It depends in which exposure mode your camera is...

hcubell

When you cycle through the screen overlays by pressing the button on the right of the LCD screen wit hthe circle on it, does the histogram come up as part of an overlay?

MattPZ

Thanks for your comments

Just in case it helps anyone - Hasselblad responded to me very quickly.  It isn't exposure mode dependent, but it is preview dependent

You cannot select this option unless you have exposure preview set to on as the camera requires the exposure simulation to be active.  I had been testing with a flash and preview turned off, so it wasn't available 

Thanks all

Matt

Domip

In M (manual exposure mode) you can't activate it.

hcubell

Quote from: Domip on September 29, 2023, 04:17:40 AM

I have no problem activating the histogram in M mode.

Ralf

That just depends on whether you have activated the screen preview for P, A, S or for P, A, S, M.

PatrickM

Quote from: hcubell on September 29, 2023, 07:07:02 AM
Quote from: Domip on September 29, 2023, 04:17:40 AM

I have no problem activating the histogram in M mode.
Ditto. I always use M mode and have had the Histogram since the firmware upgrade that added it.

SrMi

Note that it makes no sense to show histogram if exposure preview is turned off.

hcubell

My issue with the histogram is that I find it very difficult to actually see whether there are blown highlights on the right side of the histogram. It's too small.

Andy Miller Photo UK

Quote from: MattPZ on September 29, 2023, 03:31:24 AM
Thanks for your comments
Just in case it helps anyone - Hasselblad responded to me very quickly.  It isn't exposure mode dependent, but it is preview dependent
You cannot select this option unless you have exposure preview set to on as the camera requires the exposure simulation to be active.  I had been testing with a flash and preview turned off, so it wasn't available
Thanks all Matt

That sounds logical since the Live histogram is based on the preview simulation not RAW data.