X2D manual lens recommendation

Previous topic - Next topic

Plancton06

I ordered the 28p and it will not come in time for a job that needs a wide angle. Can someone recommend a compact lens + adapter to be used in the 3:2 center crop mode? I must travel light and don't mind keeping this lens even after I get the 28p. I like the idea that the center crop mode will let me use the X2d as a 60mp manual focus 3:2 full frame. Will be happy to travel with one camera and leave the sony a7IV home.

I am not concerned with 35mm lenses not fully covering the 4:3 censor, as I plan to use adapted lenses only in the crop mode.
Anyone tested M mount lenses such as the Zeiss Biogon 2.8/25, Leica 24, Biogon 21/2.8? laowas? Is it better to go for a different mount with more separation from the censor?

boojum

I bought the TTArtisan adapter and it works just fine.  I use LTM lenses on it.  My 50mm Sonnar and Sonnar descendant lenses work just fine as their field of view covers the entire X2D sensor.

I have a nice Canon 28mm f/2.8 and 35mm f/2.0 (Black) which are good, sharp lenses.  I have only tried 50mm lenses, the "Sonnars" (Bertele, Jupiter 8, and a true one, the CZJ 5cm f1.5) and a Planar 2", the Amotal.  But even though these translate to a smidge less than a 35mm equivalent of 40mm I can offer you nothing other than the TTArtisan adapter works.  Just be careful of that electronic shutter.  The X2D large sensor has a slow readout.  Hold that camera steady.  ;o)
Elpis