Cant Find the Shutter actuations on the Body Just on the lens

Previous topic - Next topic

rollsman

I bought the X1D2 Body separately from the XCD 45P lens.   I can find the Actuations on the lens but the actuations on the Body does not show up.  Am I doing something wrong.
    Thank you
Dennis mansour

tenmangu81

As far as I know, you can't obtain the number of the body actuations, and it's useless, as what counts is the number of lens actuations. The shutter is inside the lens.... All the rest is electronics.
Robert

rollsman

Dennis mansour

PatrickM

I use this free tool on my Mac because with Mirrorless cameras, for specifically the Nikon Z8, we can see the number of clicks and images taken. I haven't tried it with an image from my X2D....currently travelling.

It's very easy to use ...on a Mac, once installed, open a terminal window, type exiftool then drag and drop in any image

https://exiftool.org/

Georg Kovalcik

Accotding to their Website they support Hasselblad FFF and 3FR.

SrMi

The manufacturer may or may not store the shutter count in EXIF data. In case of X cameras, the shutter count should be derived from the lens shutter, therefore it should change with the lens attached. Does anyone know whether Hasselblad includes shutter count in EXIF data?

tenmangu81

I've had a look with ExifTool in Graphic Converter, and the shutter count is not included.
Robert

Bob Foster

In addition to the normal data in the exif data I've looked over the undefined/undecoded data that exiftool can extract (the -u option, alone and with several additional modifiers) in both the 3FR and fff file formats. The undefined/undecoded  information appears to consist largely of information for Phocus to use. The "shuttercount" tag is not present in the standard metadata. None of the undefined/undecoded tags appear to contain information that I can correlate with shutter activations.

Bob