Phocus 3.7.5 & external storage

Previous topic - Next topic

sc_john

I am new to Hasselblad with a recently purchased X1D II, and I am experiencing (what I believe is) odd behavior from Phocus. When I start-up Phocus, the File System section of File Browser is populated with all my external drives, including SD reader if in use, as well as Mac HD (Mac Studio M1 Max, OS 12.4). While I can see all external drives, I cannot access any of them to see contents... including SD card. Accordingly, I gave to copy files from SD card to a location on Mac HD in order to view or import. This forces me to store everything on Mac HD vs any external drives... and I prefer to keep my image files on an external HD. Is this normal behavior from Phocus?

Additionally, when I format SD card in H1D II, I get the normal DCIM folder, but I also get another folder labeled "LOST.DIR". I've never seen this before with any other camera/card.After this happened, I used Mac Disk Utility to repair and erase SD card. Both of these operations appeared to be successful resulting in a blank card. However, when I did a format with X1D mII, the "LOST.DIR" reappeared. The camera saves images properly to the DCIM folder, and when copied onto Mac HD for import into Phocus, everything operates as expected... other than I can't seem to get rid of the LOST.DIR folder. I have also run a reset on the X1D II, but that didn't help. Any thoughts?

TIA for any comments or suggestions.

John

NickT

Accordingly, I gave to copy files from SD card to a location on Mac HD in order to view or import. This forces me to store everything on Mac HD vs any external drives... and I prefer to keep my image files on an external HD. Is this normal behavior from Phocus?

Not normal no, I have always shot (when tethered) or transferred to external (RAID) drives when working with Phocus.

I suspect a permissions issue and depending on your OS, Phocus may have been denied permission to use external drives on install, I suggest a re-install.

Quoteother than I can't seem to get rid of the LOST.DIR folder. I have also run a reset on the X1D II, but that didn't help. Any thoughts?

I don't have an X1D but I wouldn't worry about the LOST.DIR folder.

May I suggest NEVER formatting cards on your mac (unless trying to recover a corrupt card) and only ever format in camera.

Regards

Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

sc_john

NickT,         

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond to my post. I checked the permissions for Phocus to access all disks, and that was indeed the problem. Once I modified the disk access permissions, it is operating as advertised. Thanks again,

John