Is the XCD 90m V about to ship?

Previous topic - Next topic

etto72

More compression!
It's clearly a better lens for portrait even though I like very much the 55m

MGrayson

Quote from: PatrickM on September 13, 2023, 03:31:27 AM
Apart from portraiture, why would we use the 90v. As an amateur, I already have these XCD lenses:  4/21, 38v and 55v. What would the 90 offer? Apologies for naivety of the question.

The longer the lens, the less pronounced the nose looks on the face (among other things). And while the DoF is determined by the f number (for a given magnification say, head shot), the distant blur is larger with a longer lens, as that depends only on the size of the physical aperture. Long story short, images from the 55 and the 90 look different.

polarphoto

Also an advantage in some nature photos when you want to focus upon a certain subject. Have you seen a great picture of mountain scapes or a really cool picture of larger wildlife from medium format - it is a quite different experience.
Borealis

Andy Miller Photo UK

Quote from: etto72 on September 13, 2023, 08:53:54 AM
More compression!
It's clearly a better lens for portrait even though I like very much the 55m
Yes but the 120 and 135 are more normal FL for SMF portraiture.

Now the 2.5/90V may actually begin shipping -- as much as I luv my XCD 1,9/80, 3,5/120 Macro and XCD 2,8/135+TC I am hoping that new V versions of these lenses emerge soon.

AND then there is the XCD 4/21 -- no longer in production -- so does this mean a new V version will emerge next? If so will H deliver an even optically more superior lens and BRIGHTER as well so better for night/star and low light shooting.