Is the XCD 90m V about to ship?

Previous topic - Next topic

etto72

I was told from a friend that his dealer confirmed that the new 90m is going to be shipped very, very soon.
Did you hear anything?
After waiting and hearing things for an entire year I am loosing hope to have this lens in my hands.

Orokaj

not sure,
but as I have said before, its not about when it will ship, its about when will you get yours... =D
not sure about everywhere else but in China most Hasselblad/DJI stores have a 1:1 rate for V lenses, meaning if the store sells one 1 X2D body, they may get 1 55 or 38v lenses....

but then again North America and Europe seems have constant stock...

Jakoro
Jack Xu

MarkN

It will ship as soon as they find the Loch Ness monster for the launch party

reddott

I was on NYC this past Wednesday for B&H's BILD show at the Javits Center. Hasselblad had a small counter in the DJI booth and the had the new 90mm lens there.  I was  very surprised and asked to try it on my camera. It's a beautiful lens.  The rep said he expected the lens to become available towards the end of the month.  Maybe some good news for everyone who have it on order.

glaiben

Quote from: reddott on September 10, 2023, 12:25:47 AM
I was on NYC this past Wednesday for B&H's BILD show at the Javits Center. Hasselblad had a small counter in the DJI booth and the had the new 90mm lens there.  I was  very surprised and asked to try it on my camera. It's a beautiful lens.  The rep said he expected the lens to become available towards the end of the month.  Maybe some good news for everyone who have it on order.

Cool!  Did they allow you to make any images with the 90V on your camera?  If so, how were they?

...gregg

reddott

Gregg they did.  I took a couple standing there in front of the counter one far away and one of my friend standing near me.  Below is the close up - it's soft because it was shot at too low of a shutter speed.  The lens has a really nice feel to it.  I need to put an order in.

glaiben

Image seems to be "80/1.9'ish" - which is good.  Quite thin zone of focus (central portion of mustache, presuming aperture was wide open) and the out of focus background elements render nicely.

Thanks.  Looking forward to its eventual release.

...gregg

MarkN

Congrats reddott - this could well be the first image posted taken with the 90V.  You have proven that functioning copies exist - it is no longer vapourware. 

It probably means there are  copies out there being reviewed under non-disclosure agreements prior to release.  Once it starts shipping those reviews will suddenly appear - just as we recently witnessed with the 28P.

flash

I was told Oct by the Australian distributor for Aus stock. I have my pre-order in with them direct. I have the older version but I'm really hoping to have the new one before a trip I have planned in November.

Gordon

reddott

Quote from: MarkN on September 10, 2023, 07:47:14 AM
Congrats reddott - this could well be the first image posted taken with the 90V.  You have proven that functioning copies exist - it is no longer vapourware. 

It probably means there are  copies out there being reviewed under non-disclosure agreements prior to release.  Once it starts shipping those reviews will suddenly appear - just as we recently witnessed with the 28P.

Oh Boy now I feel like I did something wrong. The funny thing is that when I saw their counter I went over hoping they had the 28mm. After I tried that the rep asked me if I wanted to try the 90. It was attached to a 907x in the case and I hadn't noticed it. I hope I'm not on the Hasselblad "S" list.

JoeC

I've had one on order since September 7, 2022. This is the first good news I've heard about the lens in a year. Thanks for sharing your experience and the photo. My spirits are lifted. 😀

Joe

Hendrix_CI

I hope it is October. Over the past 30 days I've been told "late September" and then told "late November". I reached out to my source today and was told "October looks likely".

Steve Hendrix/CI

marcwick

Andy Miller Photo UK

Quote from: Hendrix_CI on September 12, 2023, 09:09:43 AM
I hope it is October. Over the past 30 days I've been told "late September" and then told "late November". I reached out to my source today and was told "October looks likely".
Steve Hendrix/CI

Steve we are each hearing different things from out suppliers depending on the market -- it would help to understand where your supplier is (even who they are) - mine for H in the UK is Parks Cameras Burgess Hill and the Pro-Centre in London (Primarily for HC gear) -- I simply have stopped listening to their rolling "it will be in ..... dates" - I asked them to contact me when they are have my lens and will be shipping the lens.
For some reason the UK is not available on H's on-line store  [must be Brexit related but WHY ??]