Violent Green Cast on 3fff files exported as DNG

Previous topic - Next topic

pflower

I have never before exported a 3fff file as a DNG but did so just to answer a question as to file size.  There is a very small reduction is size but the resulting DNG has a violent green cast all over it.  It looks fine in the thumb nail view in Phocus but if viewed in the viewer the cast is there and is there when imported into Lightroom and is there when viewed in the finder on a Mac.  I have the most recent versions of both Phocus and Lightroom.  For what it is worth this was a 3fff file from an X2D.

I must be missing something here.

tenmangu81

I exported .fff files as .dng a while ago, just to process them within Capture One (I don't do it any longer) but I never observed any cast. On the contrary, colours were very similar (but not quite) to those I got using Phocus or Lightroom.
BUT I just tried now, and, yes, I get this strong green cast  :o
Robert

JCM-Photos

Some years ago I had a very strong green cast on my TIFF exports with a win version.
Hasselblad support let a software developper contact me directly and we exchanged print scans Phocus log files etc... until he found the problem that was corrected some weeks later in a new release.

So, please contact Hasselblad support.
Sharpen your eyes not your files

pflower

It is not a problem for me personally since I never export to DNGs, but I was experimenting with that just out of interest.  The problem I have found with both X1D and X2D files is that from the 3fff files upon export as a DNG both the temperature and tint sliders are pushed to the extreme edge of their respective bars giving a completely weird colour cast.  That is when you view the DNG in Phocus or in Lightroom.  If you "remember" the temperature and tint settings that look good in Phocus before the export you can easily recreate them on the DNG and get a decent image.  Clearly a bug in Phocus 3.7.4 and I have indeed alerted Hasselblad support to the problem.

tenmangu81

The last Phocus version released today (3.7.5) is supposed to solve the issue. I haven't tried yet.
Robert