First findings of the new F4 28p lens on a 907X Camera body

Previous topic - Next topic

satijntje

First findings with the 28p and the 907X camera body:
The Focussing of the 28p is about 50% faster compared to the 45p.
Focussed 20 times from infinit to an object that is 2m away.
45p: 46 seconds
28p: 31 seconds

Second finding:
The sound is really really much less.
Both the AF motor and the central shutter are less noisy, MUCH less noisy!

I just need to see how the IQ is, but from the YT reviews I do not expect a bad outcome!

pdprinter

I got mine too yesterday and I am very amazed how quite this lens is, several times I was not sure wether I took a picture

JCM-Photos

And is the 907X able to go up to 1/4000s with this lens ?
Sharpen your eyes not your files

pdprinter

Yes tried it in manual exposure and is so quiet almost like the electronic shutter

maxct

Personally I think that is the coolest camera/lens combo in existence. If not for IBIS on the X2D I would buy the 907x (again).

Larsb

Quote from: maxct on September 02, 2023, 12:05:34 AM
Personally I think that is the coolest camera/lens combo in existence. If not for IBIS on the X2D I would buy the 907x (again).

I would have to agree with that.  Although I only own the X2D, I think the 907x looks absolutely stunning, and together with the 28P, looks to be a fantastic combination.  I am seriously tempted to get a 907x as a second body to supplement my X2D (not that I need it :-) )
Software Engineer and long time passionate Photographer

JCM-Photos

The 907X has catastrophic ergonomics compared to other X cameras, with missing vital functions without the grip., among them:
- no exposure memory
- no back button AF
- no fast exposure correction

The grip corrects all these lacks
I even could reprogram the grip button to the same functions positions as on my X camera.

The CVF  II 50c back is absolutely great on older V cameras, I use it on a 903X with a CFV I 50c focusing screen that is perfect.
This special screen is unfortunately no more delivered with the Mk II back, I found it as a Mk I spare part by a Hasselblad AD.
Sharpen your eyes not your files

polychloros

Quote from: JCM-Photos on September 06, 2023, 06:37:51 PM
The 907X has catastrophic ergonomics compared to other X cameras, with missing vital functions without the grip., among them:
- no exposure memory
- no back button AF
- no fast exposure correction

I guess if those things matter to you. I use all my cameras in manual exposure mode and most (including the 907x) using manual focus so I haven't encountered these "catastrophic" ergonomics. In fact, I have found the 907x one of the most ergonomically satisfying cameras I have ever used. Where I would say the 907x falls a bit short though is when composing/focussing in bright light but it's not a deal breaker for me (I much prefer a sometimes-hard-to-see waist level style VF over an eye-level EVF).