David Odess, master Hasselblad Technician, passed away Aug 5

Previous topic - Next topic

disposable@tx.rr.com

David Odess, master Hasselblad Technician, passed away Aug 5

This makes me very sad. Even more so because I had just spoken with him a couple of months ago.
He had mentioned that he was reducing his turn around time due to recovering from cancer treatment. I had had taken his comments to mean he was doing well but experiencing the normal lack of energy associated with such a recovery. Apparently he was caring for his customers to the very end.
I had inquired if he would still be able to do his standard fast turn around of equipment with a surcharge to put you in the front of the line and he indicated that was still available.
I have had a number of occasions over the years to use David's services and always found them to be of the highest professional caliber with excellent service times and lower than market pricing. He was always happy to offer advice and guidance.
The Hasselblad world has suffered the loss of a master craftsman and a true gentleman.

markc2

I bought my first ever Hasselblad lens from him in his house. I loaded my first ever 120 film with him teaching me. Kindness and patience with a TON of knowledge The lens that he sold me still works perfectly to this day. I was thinking about him lately and hoping he was ok. One of the first pictures I took with the roll of film he taught me to load.

Mark