How to updrade HC lens firmware from19.03 to 19.1 for use of x2d?

Previous topic - Next topic

fotophil

I need to upgrade several HC lens firmware to 19.03 to 19.1 for use on my x2d. Can I do this as part of firmware upgrading on x2d?
Thanks
Phil Lindsay

Bob Foster

Yes. The familiar service> firmware updates routine still works. For what it's worth with the initial X2D firmware the only way that firmware upgrades worked was to use to place the update file on a card. I haven't checked to see if this issue was resolved with camera firmware 2.0.0 but I have updated a HC 300 from 19.0.3 and a HC 120 macro II from 18.8.7 using the usual.

If you'd like  full firmware installation instructions refer to page 112 of the current (version 1.4) user manual available at no charge on the Hasselblad website in the download section.

fotophil

Thanks for the info. I don't think the ver,2.0 x2d firmware on tains the 19.1 updater but I wonder if the previous x2d updating file might have contained the 19.1 updater.

flash

Quote from: fotophil on July 18, 2023, 02:17:02 PM
Thanks for the info. I don't think the ver,2.0 x2d firmware on tains the 19.1 updater but I wonder if the previous x2d updating file might have contained the 19.1 updater.

Lens firmware are separate files to the camera firmware. The camera firmware does not contain any lens firmware.

Gordon

fotophil

Where can I download the 19.1 firmware. I have searched the Hasselblad site and I can only find the x2d ver2.0 updater which does not cover the 129.1firmware updater. Please help.

fotophil

I found the 19.1 firmware updater on the Hasselblad Website, I upgraded my 19.03 lenses and they now AF on my x2d ver 2.0https://www.hasselblad.com/my-hasselblad/downloads/#84

Thanks to all that helped!

Bob Foster

Post removed as you have successfully updated your lenses.

Bob