Distorted Picture with X2D/45P4

Previous topic - Next topic

e46pphkg

I'm a newbie here. Appreciate all the help and comments. Using the X2D with the 4/45 for a couple of months and getting wave like images quite often. Attaching one example exposure 1/575. Wondering because I didn't hold still while it's writing. Thanks.

glaiben

Suspect the electronic-shutter (e-shutter) is turned on.  For the XCD lenses it should be off to use their internal leaf shutters.  Details explained on about page 84 of the manual.

...gregg

e46pphkg

Quote from: glaiben on July 18, 2023, 07:18:22 AM
Suspect the electronic-shutter (e-shutter) is turned on.  For the XCD lenses it should be off to use their internal leaf shutters.  Details explained on about page 84 of the manual.

...gregg

Thanks. I'll check it.

Hareb

I'm having the same problem, but disabling the electronic shutter doesn't help as I'm using non-shutter lenses.

It helped a lot when I reduced the bit depth from 16 to 14 in the Quality menu. Now reading is faster. Normally I don't have any deformities anymore. It also helps to keep the x2d still for a moment after the shot.

morgangold

Quote from: Hareb on August 03, 2023, 02:30:59 AM
I'm having the same problem, but disabling the electronic shutter doesn't help as I'm using non-shutter lenses.

It helped a lot when I reduced the bit depth from 16 to 14 in the Quality menu. Now reading is faster. Normally I don't have any deformities anymore. It also helps to keep the x2d still for a moment after the shot.

if your lens does not have a shutter, you are still using an electronic shutter. There is no other shutter.
This issue is still the readout speed of the sensor (electronic shutter).