X2D Storage Consensus?

Previous topic - Next topic

Photon42

I write to both cards. Once imported and backed up.  I remove the photos from the removable card. If the internal one is getting full, I will remove a couple of 100 there. At least that is the plan for now.

Larsb

I took an extended 4-day weekend and went to Newcastle (in Australia, not to be confused by the original in England :-) ), for a photography trip with my X2D and 38mm lens (although I took the 45mm P lens and a TTartisans 21mm lens as well).  I took quite a few photos and all done using the internal SSD drive, and I must say that it is absolutely fantastic and a really significant feature of the X2D to be able to use just the internal SSD and not have to worry about cards that fill up, backing them up, etc.  If one needs to, then one can back up on a laptop overnight, but my MacBook Pro with 1TB of disk did not have enough space.  No problems, as I was able to back it up when I got back home and could copy all the new images to my main computer.  The internal 1TB SSD is absolutely awesome!
Software Engineer and long time passionate Photographer

strohscw

I am using the internal SSD as main "card" and a SABRENT Rocket CFX 1TB CFexpress Typ B card as Backup. This gives me the security of having a backup and should 1TB really be too little, then I can also convert the CFExpress as additional storage.
br
Wolfram

bmikiten

SSD with a backup just in case in the slot. Get back from a shoot, plug in and download at the same time while charging.

boojum

SSD solely.  I like to keep it simple.
Elpis

Jack73230

The good rule is to use ssd and CFX card ( order what you want ) to have always a backup of the picture on two different support . I have many exemple of ssd o card scratch. As the X2D is a professional camera , all the professional are working like this to not loose the work  . And don't erase your card or ssd before to have at minimum 2 copies of your work done on the computer. No debate.

bcvthul

There is no way to connect an harddrive to the x2d and copy the files from internal drive to external drive?

ikank1724

I write images to both CFExpress and internal SSD, both.

I typically pull the CFE card and put it in a card reader. The reason for this is because the X2D sets to a manual white balance setting when you read the images straight off the body into Phocus--and on more than one occasion, I failed to reset the white balance setting. This is mildly vexing to me.

The other reason is I shoot lots with Nikon z9 and z7ii, with CFEs--and always pull and rotate the CFEs. So it's a pretty customary habit, anyway. Then I make backup copies from all my bodies in similar fashion.

With the X2D, though, I will just format the CFE card, and NOT the internal SSD after I do this. So I just let the images accumulate on the internal SSD just for a no-work extra, extra, safety net. After a couple months or so--whenever I get the urge, after I quadruple check my backups and catalogs--I'll then go format the internal SSD and start from scratch.