XCD 90V Lens - has anyone know what's going on?

Previous topic - Next topic

CYBURek

This glass is like Yeti... No one has seen it but they are talking about it :-)
Do you know anything? ...this silence is unbearable.
X2D, 38V, 55V, Phocus 3.7.6, M2Pro

MarkN

The Hasselblad.com online store is showing "sold out" for the 90mmV, and B&H is showing

"New Item - Coming Soon
Expected availability: Aug 28, 2023".

In other words it is still vapourware....

FloridaSnook

I've had the 55V and 90V on backorder with B&H for over a month. I gave up and ordered the 55V directly from Hasselblad yesterday (after verifying with them it was in stock and available to ship) and I have the 80mm f/1.9 arriving tomorrow from B&H. I really wanted the new 90V but I can't wait till the end of year.
Michael Crapps
Plant City, Florida  USA
X2D 100C  |  XCD 2,5/38V  |  XCD 2,5/55V  |  XCD 2,5/90V
Nikon Z9, D850, and multiple Nikkor lenses
www.michaelcrapps.com

marcwick

JCM-Photos

Quote from: marcwick on July 26, 2023, 02:59:51 AM
And you will love the 1.9/80!!
I have both, enjoy and use much more the XCD 90 3.2
It's lighter, and AF is faster
Images are top notch

In my bag The XCD80 contender is the TT-Artisan 90 1.25 in hasselblad mount
Both are heavy and chunky
the XC80 for crisp images
the TT-Artisan for more dreamy images
Sharpen your eyes not your files

MarkN

B&H is now showing:

"New Item - Coming Soon
Expected availability: November 27, 2023".

The Hasselblad online store is showing "SOLD OUT".  But how can you be sold out of something you have never sold?????

pdprinter

B&H has updated their site to Dec 2 and not 2023 but 2024. Either a mistake on their site or that lens can not be manufactured

SrMi

Quote from: pdprinter on October 24, 2023, 05:10:27 AM
B&H has updated their site to Dec 2 and not 2023 but 2024. Either a mistake on their site or that lens can not be manufactured

Now it says Dec 1, 2023.

Frankvth

you can get a sale alert on the site, this basiccaly gives you an email when the damn thing is actually in stock.   ( December 3024)

tenmangu81

Quote from: Frankvth on November 09, 2023, 10:27:16 PM
you can get a sale alert on the site, this basiccaly gives you an email when the damn thing is actually in stock.  ( December 3024)

I think I'll be dead.....
Robert

amlanc

Finally the 90mm f/2.5v was available this morning from hasselblad.com online store and I ordered it :) They went out of stock within I think a couple of hours. And now shows the familiar sold out again :)

SrMi

Ikarus

I was in my local dealer this afternoon picking up my M10-D, and he indicated that they had the 90V on order.  Still not sure whether to re-purchase the 80/1.9 or save weight (and money) and get the 90V.

So far, I've been impressed with the comparision images ...

mmanesh

Quote from: Ikarus on December 04, 2023, 09:36:44 PM
I was in my local dealer this afternoon picking up my M10-D, and he indicated that they had the 90V on order.  Still not sure whether to re-purchase the 80/1.9 or save weight (and money) and get the 90V.

So far, I've been impressed with the comparision images ...

If you do not need the focal length immediately, I would wait for the new 90 as it should ship soon (haha)! I did own the 80 and it is just wonderful but so is the old 90. If you do not need the aperture, get a used 90 mk1 first and wait for the new 90 to come out.