Anyone use: Lanhorse Camera Cage with Rosewood Grip

Previous topic - Next topic

FoleyAMG

Just picked up a 907x Special Edition and was looking at adding this cage...anyone use one?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175563677141

Thanks
Scott

Ianparkin

Well what a scabby bit of wood they have used for the photos on the eBay listing...looks like its been kicking around the woodshop floor for while and advertising it as rosewood but then saying its mahogany.
From sheffield United Kingdom

Arend Loerts

Hi Scott,
Yes I do use it and I like it a lot, I first did use it with the handgrip but I did take that off and I put the Arca Swiss plate on { this is not in the kit you have to pay extra for it} so I can use it in Portrait mode.

Best Regards,

Arend

satijntje

I placed an order for it a few days ago.
Initially they said, the grip would be delivered beginning of December, so 3 months delivery time, but yesterday I received a message that it has been shipped.
If I am correctly informed, the grip is shipped from US.
But when ordering, pay attention, there are several different ones.
I ordered the 2nd generation, assuming that it would be better than the 1st generation :-) .
I am not using the original Hasselblad control grip.

Georg Kovalcik

Quote from: Arend Loerts on September 03, 2023, 10:27:33 AM
Yes I do use it and I like it a lot, ...

Hi Arend,

How easy (or complicated) is it to mount and unmount it?

I have ordered the "2nd generation" as well (the version for 907x with grip but without rosewood handle) and from the photos it appears there are at least 8 screws involved if one wants to get it off.
I intend to use it on a trip, for general protection and to avoid that the CFV back comes off by accident. But back home I will use the CFV with a 503CW frequently.

Arend Loerts

Hello Georg,

That is not that difficult, there are 6 IV screws that you have to loosen, 4 at the top of the body and two on the side where the handle of the Hasselblad 907 is located and then the bic screw onder the body.
I never take it off because I usually use it on a tripod and on the bottom and the side
there is the Arca Swiss connection and that works perfectly. I also use the colt shoe for the Profoto remote control.

Bets Regards

Arend

Georg Kovalcik

lanhorse-us

Hello,

when our processing technology was immature at the beginning of manufacturing last year, the surface effect of some handles was indeed not very good.

however, we have improved the processing technology and have more experience, we can now do it very well.

We use natural rosewood and and every rosewood has its different natural texture! the texture of every rosewood grip is unique !

www.lanhorse.com

by the way, the purpose of the protective cage is to reduce the chance of being scratched and keep the camera good and new as long as possible!
the grip is to help photographer hold more tight reducing shaking....

ramarren

Quote from: FoleyAMG on July 03, 2023, 01:30:16 PMJust picked up a 907x Special Edition and was looking at adding this cage...anyone use one?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175563677141

Looks interesting but ... I made up my own "left side grip" in 2021.
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmU4o1ia

It can be used with or without the Hasselblad Smart Control grip as well, although I tend to use it without most of the time. If anyone is interested to build the same, send me a note on Flickr and I'll send you the list of bits I use.

G