What tripod mount for a 907?

Previous topic - Next topic

FloatingLens

Using the A/S Base plate für L-Bracket monoball®Fix universal on my 907x. It has rubber inserts that prevent rotation.

GerardNijenbrinks

I use the standard Manfrotto quick release plate. Never thought about, or had the need to, remove the back while on a tripod. But that's probably because the 907X is the only Hasselblad body I own.. 😂

ramarren

I can't imagine what I'd be removing the back for when using a 907x ... after all, you can only use the CFVII 50c or CFV 100 digital backs with it, and if you're lucky enough to have both of them, well, just swap the whole camera on and off the tripod and move the lens! It's just as fast as swapping the back. ;)

I do use the CFVII 50c with 500CM bodies as well, and there I do swap between backs occasionally (film vs digital vs instant film, etc). But of course there's no problem doing this using any of the excellent tripod plates available for V system bodies.

The PD plate works beautifully for me with no rotation of the camera in any orientation that I've yet seen, and is particularly handy for square format use. The DAL-1 L-bracket also works beautifully, and lacks only the dedicated locating pin to secure it from rotation, but it would be easy enough to add that as it's not difficult to do so at all. It also has not yet shown any propensity to allow camera body rotation.

G