New to phocus - images get "bright" when zooming in?

Previous topic - Next topic

jorussek

Hi friends,
I've just received my camera and am using phocus for the first time. Imported a couple of shots just fine. They look fine as thumbnails and zoom to fit as well, but when I zoom in it gets a bright haze on it, as if brightness was cranked way up?
In fact, when I apply any kind of adjustment it cranks it up too (and doesn't adjust the image at all either)
What am I doing wrong?

Alex

Does clicking on the image also change the brightness of the preview?

What OS version are you running it on?

jorussek

Quote from: Alex on May 01, 2023, 07:03:31 PM
Does clicking on the image also change the brightness of the preview?

What OS version are you running it on?

It does not change the brightness of the preview. I'm on Ventura 13.3.1.
I now also noticed that if I make an adjustment it gets blown out again, but if I click to another image and back it shows the adjustment. (until I zoom in again or try to apply another adjustment).
This seems more and more like a bug and not a user error :(

KC2020

Phocus has a lot of issues in Ventura.

I've intermittently had the same problem you describe. Quitting and restarting it usually resolves it.

And other things that used to work, like focus stacking, not functioning in the current release.

jorussek

Ah that's a shame. Thanks, I guess I'll have to run on windows then

maxshafiq

Did this issue ever get resolved? I am moving from my intel based Mac to Apple Silicon M2 running all the latest softwares and exactly the same issue is happening. I even downloaded the 3.6.2 version of Phocus which was running fine on the old machine and it too exhibits the same issue.

I am about to sell the old machine and I am concerned we will not be able to manipulate the images going forward if no fix is available.