Low Res Mode for X2D

Previous topic - Next topic

mmanesh

Too keep it short: I would strongly support the introduction of at least a 50MP mode for the X2D. Ideally, the 3RF files would be exported as such and not just JPG files. Similar to what Leica offers in their M11.

SrMi

Quote from: mmanesh on April 20, 2023, 08:29:08 AM
Too keep it short: I would strongly support the introduction of at least a 50MP mode for the X2D. Ideally, the 3RF files would be exported as such and not just JPG files. Similar to what Leica offers in their M11.

What benefits do you expect from that mode? File size?

mmanesh

Yes. I know storage is cheap but someone like me who likes to use the Hasselblad on trips, I bought into the X2D for the mobile Phocus app as one of the key features. Downloading, processing and uploading to friends and family becomes so much easier if I can use my phone, even.

Now you might say I bought the wrong camera and you may be right. Still, just dreaming. I love the ergonomics and the color science and lenses and would be happy if I would not have to buy an APSC body again.

SrMi

Quote from: mmanesh on April 22, 2023, 04:26:54 AM
Yes. I know storage is cheap but someone like me who likes to use the Hasselblad on trips, I bought into the X2D for the mobile Phocus app as one of the key features. Downloading, processing and uploading to friends and family becomes so much easier if I can use my phone, even.

Now you might say I bought the wrong camera and you may be right. Still, just dreaming. I love the ergonomics and the color science and lenses and would be happy if I would not have to buy an APSC body again.

Valid points.