Phocus 3.7.3 is now available

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Foster

Phocus 3.7.3 is now available on the Hasselblad website.

Alex

Change log

Mac:

- camera orientation is now respected when running live view on X1D II or CFV II
- improved viewer quality when zoomed between 25 and 100%
- performance enhancements for multi-shot and 6 shot export and 100% view
- fixes an issue that could lead to images not being fetched from an X2D during
tethered capture
- the checkerboard filter can now handle more extreme situations
- fixes a possible situation where in mid resolutions the viewer would show the
previous image after a capture
- changing camera orientation during burst capture is now handled correctly
- fixes an Apple silicon related issue that could lead to incorrect rendering of 3FV video
- includes a large number of stability improvements

Windows:

- camera orientation is now respected when running live view on X1D II or CFV II
- performance enhancements for multi-shot and 6 shot export and 100% view
- fixes an issue that could lead to images not being fetched from an X2D during tethered
capture
- the checkerboard filter can now handle more extreme situations
- includes a large number of stability improvements

manuel

is it possible to do a seperate white balance for live preview again?

I deeply miss that feature which was still available on 6.4 and is just a necessity when shooting with strobes in the studio.

KIB

What is the problem with the update to Phocus 3.7.3? (I had no problems with 3.7.2.)

Microsoft warned about the update but I did it anyway
....and then Norton came up and said there was no valid digital signature ?

Alex

Quote from: manuel on April 06, 2023, 11:27:42 PM
is it possible to do a seperate white balance for live preview again?

I deeply miss that feature which was still available on 6.4 and is just a necessity when shooting with strobes in the studio.

In terms of the WB option, no the tool remains greyed out (not available).

Although the camera orientation is now respected when running live view on X1D II or CFV II. The Live View images just shows a cropped, bottom half of the view and so is pretty unusable.

Apart from the custom flash delay option available on 3.7.2/3 when focus stacking, versions 3.6.3/4 seem to be more practical for studio shooting with the X1DII / 907x cameras.

A small request when next tethering;  if you have a remote and either a x1DII or 907x, could you check whether the camera responds to triggering it whilst it is also tethered: with the X1D mine does, but not with my X1DII. Thanks.

JCM-Photos

Quote from: KIB on April 09, 2023, 10:33:07 AM
What is the problem with the update to Phocus 3.7.3? (I had no problems with 3.7.2.)

Microsoft warned about the update but I did it anyway
....and then Norton came up and said there was no valid digital signature ?
Same problem, I had to unblock 3 times the installation, windows firewall, no security certificate and Norton security checks.
Sharpen your eyes not your files

tenmangu81

No problem with Mac OS (Monterey).
Robert

manuel

Quote from: Alex on April 09, 2023, 12:24:36 PM
A small request when next tethering;  if you have a remote and either a x1DII or 907x, could you check whether the camera responds to triggering it whilst it is also tethered: with the X1D mine does, but not with my X1DII. Thanks.

I'm working on the 907x but have no remote, sorry.

What I did test though, is using the Phocus mobile app to trigger the camera (which is my workaround if me and the camera are both far from the tethered computer :-) )

On 3.7.3 using phocus mobile 2.3.4 I cannot trigger the camera anymore. Phocus also crashes when I try to use Live view on the phone.

Everything does work nicely with 3.6.4 though, so this seems to be a problem with 3.7.3 and phocus mobile.

Also on 3.7.3 phocus stacking or any kind of Sequence do not work with my 907x. It just won't trigger. Nothing happens if I press the play button. Works fine on 3.6.4. though.