Phocus 3.7.3 renders dark

Previous topic - Next topic

grotte

Importing a new batch images from my X1DII into this latest version of Phocus for Win (upgraded a couple of days ago from 3.7.2 and allegedly preserving the prior import settings, but regardless as I recreated the settings from scratch just to be sure, and they were nothing fancy anyways - just plain import into HL*RGB) images came real dark when seen in the main tab window even though definitely exposed correctly per histogram for example. The images do render normal in the viewer window, but when exported into tif and looked in the PS6 are very dark again.

I panicked slightly but found the older Phocus 3.7.2 on the HB site. Suddenly all is good again. Mine is Win 8.1 Ent. 

Bob Foster

I've not seen this issue. I'm using files from an X2D and importing them into Phocus 3.7.3 running on Windows 10 Enterprise.

I'd strongly consider reporting the issue to Hasselblad and/or your dealer.

pjrankin

I've had issues with 3.7.3 also, exporting tiffs from the x1dii messes up the crop, orientation and has image tearing/pixelated smearing on the edge of the file. Seemed to happen to most file types I tried. Reverted back to 3.7.2 and no issues with it. I've reported it to Hasselblad.

JCM-Photos

Once installed on my W10 machines (installation was blocked by Win firewall and missing security certificate), no problem with my X1D fff files with previous versions adjustments,  as well as new X1D 3FR files imported with new version and adjustments made on fff's with the new version.
Sharpen your eyes not your files

grotte

The 3.7.3 was installing weirdly from the getgo and different from all past upgrades: It was offering Repair or Remove the previous version, not just closing and reinstalling the latest version as before. My SEP14 firewall was confused and unhappy about the new Phocus too.

JCM-Photos

I too had this weird message about reparing the previous version 😆
Sharpen your eyes not your files

tenmangu81

Works perfectly with Mac OS Monterey.
Robert

pjrankin

Here's the response from Hasselblad on this:

"Our Phocus team is working on fixing this issue in Phocus 3.7.3 and downgrade is a temporary solution. "