a simple USB-C cable release for Hasselblad x2d

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralf

I don't like the half working Phocus Mobile 2 App. And I don't like any McGyver solutions.

Please Hasselblad, release a USB-C cable release for Hasselblad x2d.

gullett

I am with you and have asked support for a cable and a remote release that is not tied to a cell phone.  I have to work in an environment where cell phones are forbidden.

I do not understand the idea of a professional camera without this tool.

bdp

If they do release a USB cable release I really hope there is some way we can use it while tethered. There are times in my studio that using the keyboard to shoot is not fast or precise enough, and the camera might be too high on a stand to use the shutter release button on the body. So any release that uses the USB port would need some sort of double adapter so a tether cable can be plugged at the same time.

Why they didn't include the port for the X1D release is beyond me, pure madness. It's still there in the CFV 100C back.

polychloros

In truth, as fancy as it looks, the cable release for the CFV backs and X1D seems like a bit of an afterthought with its single step button with no ability to lock AE and then fire the shutter separately. Maybe the engineers just forget about the cable release altogether when they were designing the X2D. ;D

I imagine that there was an issue with including the extra port in the X2D body and the camera designers decided that the target market – street photographers, etc. – wouldn't miss the feature enough for Hasselblad to justify the extra development time in implementing it. It's a pretty bad oversight really because using a phone to trigger the shutter is a poor substitute – especially if you are a landscape photographer out in the field.