CWB in Flexcolor 4.8.6 - importing

Previous topic - Next topic

Alastair Bird

Hello,
I was under the impression that we could shoot to a card, with, say a Hasselblad Super-Wide, do an exposure with a piece of white plexi for our custom white and then apply that to the files afterward.  However, in Flexcolor, the option to set a capture as a custom white is greyed out.  Did I miss something?

I'm wondering if I can make an overlay from the custom white capture to correct the colours in Photoshop.  Anyone have any ideas about how to go about doing that?  Invert the file, and use as a overlay layer in 'colour' mode?  Or something like that?  I have to do something, because my files are super-sharp and the subject matter is beautiful (of course) but the colour casts are AMAZINGLY strong.  It's actually pretty cool, but not really...

Any ideas?

NickT

CW is not part of my workflow but I thought you could apply it afterwards for an untethered shoot...
I would think your Photoshop method sounds right on the money: invert the reference layer set it to colour and adjust opacity.
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

NickT

Update
Just heard back from an honorary Dane :)

You can use the CWB untethered.  You just need to keep your custom white shots but the option will be greyed out if the camera is NOT attached.  So plug the camera in then you can load up a custom white capture and set that to 'Use current capture'.  Then go ahead and import the images you want to correct from the image bank.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Alastair Bird

Thanks, Nick - now if I can only get it to work without Flexcolor crashing.  Just re-booted, I'll see if that works.

Alastair Bird

HEY, it works.  But you have to have more than one file in the folder before you can set the custom white.  It's very strange, because you import the files based on the custom white, but if you put only one file in the folder for CW, a crash ensues.  More than one, and then you turn the custom white on, no problems.

tranlo

Hi Alastair,

if you have a problem with crashing Flexcolour try this:

Open the CWB-shot, hit modify-use current capture, then make the CWB. Now you can import the pictures based on the CWB-shot.

markus