Dumb question using Phocus

Previous topic - Next topic

Franka

I am almost reticent to ask but my search in the manual and working in Phocus has not given me an answer to my question.  I am new to Phocus but certainly not new to post processing.  My question is when I am working on a photo in Phocus I sometimes want to delete all changes and start over and also delete all history of changes.  Easy to do in Lightroom.  I have searched and searched and cannot seem to find how to do this.  I can undo some steps but even that is limited to just a few steps of undo and then it won't go back to the beginning.   What am I missing? My current solution is to click on a new photo and then don't save changes on the previous photo,  Also, I assume there is no auto button to click on for Phocus to make auto adjustments like Lightroom can.  Sometime I like to start from there in Lightroom.  Thanks for you help.

Alex

No need for sidecars & catalogues with .fff files, the history is embedded within the file itself; apart from additional external .icc colour profiles they are fully portable.

You can find history states under the Embedded section:

JCM-Photos

Yes Alex, Phocus has a sort of fff files embedded "audit trailed" versioning function that enables going back and forth between all files versions (not to confuse with the history of post actions inside a version).
This is a very powerfull tool when properly used.

You have presets like landscape, portrait...
You can make your own presets
You can copy all or selected post step from one file to one or more other files (batch processing
When opening first an old processed file and then shooting tethered the whole old processing will apply to your new shots, so you have finished tethered shots on the fly.
etc...
Sharpen your eyes not your files

Alex

Now what's really cool is that custom colour calibrations created in Phocus are also embedded and transportable within the FFF file.

Franka

Thanks for new information.  My question still stands.  Is there a way to reset the changes I made to a photo while currently working on it and also delete the history for what I did so I can start over as if I just imported the photo?  Also, is there an auto capability for Phocus to make some changes based on what the software thinks is best much like Lightroom has?  Thanks. 

bdp

I think what you're looking for to reset changes and go back to the previously saved state is by pressing the Reload button at the top.

Also you can go through the list of saved states here and get back to Capture, which should get you back to the beginning.

No Auto ability as far as I know.

Basically this is what Alex was saying as far as I understand.