Great service from Hasselblad

Previous topic - Next topic

ashdown

I just wanted to mention that I recently sent off my HC 100mm lens to Hasselblad to repair the autofocus. The lens is about 8 or 9 years old but only has around 1000 shutter releases. Hasselblad took care of the shipping between the UK and Sweden and returned the lens fixed within a week and for no charge. It gives me great confidence to keep using their gear for my business.

alextsayun

I have a similar experience, they grabbed a lens from Warsaw and spent a week checking it, and sent it back to me no without taking
any payment.

mmanesh

This is great to hear! I have heared other experiences where people waited for 6 months as their lens had to be sent to Japan.. :o

o2mpx

Adding to this thread recent experience with service in Burbank:

On a trip with x2d, the xcd 120mm failed with a message displaying failure to control lens shutter, albeit the electronic shutter operates fine.

Contacted service around Jun 29 with several exchanges on the problem, received shipping instructions and within the week, provided repair estimate by mid Jul with problem being... After assessment we have found that the exposure unit in this lens has failed and requires replacement to resume normal operation...

Quick turnaround with lens back within the week post payment. Well packed.

Since lens was purchased used, can't compare to original condition. However, it seems focusing lock isn't as definitive as prior to repair, with 10% of the time, focusing wouldn't lock but with a slight refocus on an adjacent area, focus will lock.

Not sure if this behavior is what others have mentioned this lens not focusing well. Changing from small to large focusing area didn't seem to make a difference.

Zuazua

I have an X1D 4116 with the plastic housing of the battery starting to peel off. Whom do I contact to see if this is reparable?.

Frankvth

Quote from: Zuazua on August 25, 2023, 01:06:37 PM
I have an X1D 4116 with the plastic housing of the battery starting to peel off. Whom do I contact to see if this is reparable?.

Your local hardwarestore?  Just glue it.