Phocus 3.7.2

Previous topic - Next topic

JCM-Photos

Sharpen your eyes not your files

mikaelo67

What are the differences?

Juan Pascual Garrido

Is it more reliable than the previous version with X1D II?

CedV

Quote from: Juan Pascual Garrido on December 10, 2022, 01:52:08 AM
Is it more reliable than the previous version with X1D II?

No. I did the upgrade and I'm having more issues with the X1D II than before. Specifically when tethering. Every new update seems to introduce more issues. Phocus used to be reliable in the field. Since the X2D, the number of issues are countless.

bdp

I agree. Crashes all the time. Weird pauses and delays when making adjustments.

I am still using 3.6.4 with my X1DII. There is no compelling reason to update anyway. For example the Live Video from 3.7.x onwards seems worse with no curve applied so it's flat and awful looking.

Juan Pascual Garrido

What's the reason Phocus it's the most unreliable, desperating and, in some aspects, the less professional software?

man-overboard

I have no issues at all with Phocus, what's your issues?

tenmangu81

I don't have any issue with Phocus 3.7.2, but I don't work tethered.
Robert

Juan Pascual Garrido

Hi man-overboard, do you consider Phocus a reliable software? don't you have crashes? don't you see bugs? From Hasselblad recommended to I downgrade to 3.6.4 because it's more reliable for the X1DII ¿?

manuel

I had to downgrad to 3.6.4 for numerous problems I encountered with 3.7.2 and the CFV II 50c back.

1. the last capture doesn't show automatically in the viewer when shooting tethered. The software requires me to manually select back and forth to older images to show me the last captured image.

2. no more white balance for live view

3. weird behaviour with shadow and light warning in live view (it's only possible to select via a workaround)

4. capture sequences do not work art all, no matter if bracketing (focus, aperture,...) or not

5. software likes to crash at times (though that didn't happen often to me, it seems others have that problem more frequently - it's still noticeable more often than in the previous versions)

so no Phocus 3.7.2 is not reliable, whereas 3.6.4 is.

Alex

3.7.2 - Mac OS Ventura M1

Tethered Liveview not always scaling properly and doesn't honor camera in portrait orientation (rotates it back to Landscape).

3.6.3 has maintained the most stability with Mac OS Ventura (Liveview with 3.6.4 sometimes had scaling issues when portrait orientation)

3.7.2 Windows (10) has so far been fine for processing (am not using it for tethered captures ATMO)

Alex

KC2020

Add me to the list of users who can't make 3.7.2 work on Mac OS Ventura.

It's kind of ridiculous that they have released any version since 3.6.3 for the current Mac OS.

Do they do any testing before releasing updates ?

manuel

3.7.3 seems to have solved some of the bugs I was encountering.

– but still no white balance for Live View... that really makes it useless in a studio setting with strobes. (do I miss something? is it possible and I'm just too stupid?...)

I'm still ob 3.6.4  :'(