Botched move of U.S. service center

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles2

Hasselblad has decided to move its New Jersey service center to California. Turns out it will take most of November to accomplish the transfer. Unfortunately, Hasselblad has botched the procedure and the informing of customers.

Yesterday, not knowing of the move, I used Hasselblad's online Service Request Form to begin a repair request. The Service Request form I received still has the NJ address. Another, purely informational web page has the new CA address - which I learned after I had purchased postage online to the NJ address.

How did I learn of the change? By pure luck I stumbled across a thread in the Medium Format forum on DPReview about the move, after my postage purchase but before I actually mailed the package. That saved my defective X1Dii from traveling to NJ and then having to go to CA for actual examination.

But I had to go through the hassle of requesting a postage refund and purchasing a corrected prepaid shipping label from USPS.

Anyway, U.S. folks, if your camera needs examination to diagnose and perhaps fix a problem, be aware.

TimH

Any sign of life from Hasselblad repair in California...or anywhere else in North America?  The move was supposed to be complete at the end of November.
Tim