Hasselblad Service Office in New Jersey Closing

Previous topic - Next topic

SMurphy

I can share some recent customer support experience with the new Burbank facility, from a Canadian perspective.

My two and a half year old X1Dii developed a loose front assembly that needed repair.  I contacted my out-of-province dealer, who referred me to Hasselblad USA technical support.  I emailed them and had a response within 3 hours requesting further information.  I gave the needed detail and had a case number and shipping information by the next morning.  I shipped my camera that same day and it took 10 days to arrive (thanks to customs). 

Within 24 hours I had repair quote, which I immediately paid online.  That was 8 days ago and I've just received notice that my camera has been repaired, inspected, and will ship within two business days.  (tracking information to follow)

By the time I receive it, I expect that my camera will have been gone a little under a month, with more than two-thirds of that time spent in transit.  I've been impressed with their responsiveness and in keeping me up to do date with progress. 

Hope this helps!

boojum

Quote from: SMurphy on February 17, 2023, 09:48:06 AM
I can share some recent customer support experience with the new Burbank facility, from a Canadian perspective.

My two and a half year old X1Dii developed a loose front assembly that needed repair.  I contacted my out-of-province dealer, who referred me to Hasselblad USA technical support.  I emailed them and had a response within 3 hours requesting further information.  I gave the needed detail and had a case number and shipping information by the next morning.  I shipped my camera that same day and it took 10 days to arrive (thanks to customs). 

Within 24 hours I had repair quote, which I immediately paid online.  That was 8 days ago and I've just received notice that my camera has been repaired, inspected, and will ship within two business days.  (tracking information to follow)

By the time I receive it, I expect that my camera will have been gone a little under a month, with more than two-thirds of that time spent in transit.  I've been impressed with their responsiveness and in keeping me up to do date with progress. 

Hope this helps!

You sure brightened my day.
Elpis

SMurphy

You sure brightened my day.

Glad to hear! 

And I now having tracking information - delivery expected in 7 days.  Looking forward to shooting with it again!

Iceman1331

I believe HB's moved to LA is the company's cost cutting strategy and also streamlining resources under DJI's HQs.

Photon42

Quote from: Iceman1331 on February 19, 2023, 07:37:18 PM
I believe HB's moved to LA is the company's cost cutting strategy and also streamlining resources under DJI's HQs.

Closer to mainland China, definitely  8)

MGrayson

Quote from: Photon42 on February 19, 2023, 11:05:56 PM

Polar air routes being what they are, the difference is a lot less than you'd think. To Beijing, it's about 600 miles closer.

boojum

Quote from: MGrayson on February 20, 2023, 03:17:08 AM
Quote from: Photon42 on February 19, 2023, 11:05:56 PM

Polar air routes being what they are, the difference is a lot less than you'd think. To Beijing, it's about 600 miles closer.

With the international climate what it is what would happen if DJI were put on a banned list by NATO and the EU?  How would that affect Hasselblad?  There are a multitude of reasons I would not want to see the war in Ukraine expand.  Hasselblad is a minor one but one which would hurt should DJI become banned from western trade.  How would that affect Hasselblad?  And I wonder if there are differences in the Hasselblad business model and the DJI business model.  In short, while the cash injection was good I sure hope DJI does not screw Hasselblad up.  In the meantime I will be clicking that shutter button and babying the camera so as to keep it out of the repair shop.
Elpis

glaiben

Quote from: boojum on February 20, 2023, 11:32:30 AM
With the international climate what it is what would happen if DJI were put on a banned list by NATO and the EU?  How would that affect Hasselblad?

With the kerfuffle over the Chinese balloons this is exactly my worry, especially about the increasingly delayed XCD 90/2.5V!

...gregg