Tilt + Shift Lenses.

Previous topic - Next topic

fti9748

I am looking for a full Frame (on X2D) Tilt+Shift lens that I can use for landscape work. Often on 35MM I'll use a 85mm or 45mm, and on PhaseOne (IQ250) I'll use a 72mm or a 90mm. 

I am not familiar with Hasselblad options, or MF options from other companies. So I'm looking for suggestions from the group.

Thanks in advance,
Garry

JCM-Photos

Sharpen your eyes not your files

JCM-Photos

Mamiya Sekor 50mm shift and Mamiya Sekor 145 Soft Focus

fti9748

Can you give me a sense of the shift or image circle? And tilt? My RM3DI tilts to 5 degrees which always seems like enough.

Andy Miller Photo UK

My solution is to use the Hasselblad HTS 1.5x with a few HC/HCD lenses and either the XH adapter or XH Converter 0.8.  My first choice for urban landscapes is the HCD 4.8/24mm - which becomes a 36mm when paired with the HTS, and then brought back to 29mm when attached to the X2D using the XH Converter 0.8. The combined effect is "only" a loss of 2/3rds of a stop.
WHEN, an update to Phocus Mobile is released - I will be combining DAS (dual axis stitching) and Focus Stacking to generate Panos. Either using this combination or my Cambo Actus View Camera and Actar 24mm.

JCM-Photos

The problem using the HTS on X cameras is that these cameras are not able to save tilt shift parameters in EXIF datas as H cameras do.

These tilt shift EXIF datas in H camera files are used by Phocus to make perfect optical corrections with tilted or shifted lenses.

Simon Bran

Quote from: JCM-Photos on November 02, 2022, 10:45:32 PM
The problem using the HTS on X cameras is that these cameras are not able to save tilt shift parameters in EXIF datas as H cameras do.

These tilt shift EXIF datas in H camera files are used by Phocus to make perfect optical corrections with tilted or shifted lenses.

Is that not the same issue with the Mamiya lenses you use?

and Phocus has a 'adaptive' setting in the lens corection tab (chromatic aberration) which as I understand works on the image its self, and not the lens data info, so would need to be used with any third party lense or lenses with no lenses data.

Simon