Light fall-off correction

Previous topic - Next topic

tenmangu81

When I read the datasheets for my XCD lenses, it is written that "When images are imported to Phocus, light fall-off is automatically removed.". However, this is not the case when applying lens corrections in Phocus : lens distortion is corrected, but light fall-off is not, and I have to correct vignetting by adjusting the cursor, even when all boxes are cross-checked. I would expect Phocus to apply the light fall-off correction automatically depending upon the aperture of the lens or, at least, to apply an "average" light fall-off correction for the lens (as done by Lightroom, for instance, when cursors are set to 100 for distortion and vignetting).
Did I miss something ?
Robert

SrMi

Quote from: tenmangu81 on October 22, 2022, 11:08:03 PM
When I read the datasheets for my XCD lenses, it is written that "When images are imported to Phocus, light fall-off is automatically removed.". However, this is not the case when applying lens corrections in Phocus : lens distortion is corrected, but light fall-off is not, and I have to correct vignetting by adjusting the cursor, even when all boxes are cross-checked. I would expect Phocus to apply the light fall-off correction automatically depending upon the aperture of the lens or, at least, to apply an "average" light fall-off correction for the lens (as done by Lightroom, for instance, when cursors are set to 100 for distortion and vignetting).
Did I miss something ?

Which lens? I see vignetting correction applied for XCD 38V (Adjust>Lens Correction>Vignetting>100).

JCM-Photos

In Phocus, When I apply automatic lens corrections to one of my XCD lenses, vignetting is fully corrected and a manual slider is on 100% max scale, meaning full auto correction equal to 100% default.

So I can manually only make an under-correction, running with values under 100%, meaning adding manually vignetting (if I want)
Sharpen your eyes not your files

tenmangu81

Thanks to SrMi and JCM-Photos !! I understand what happens : my lens corrections were set at an other setting than "Default", e.g. "Export B000xxx" or "Standard", I don't know why. If I select "Default", it works well, and vignetting correction goes to 100%.
Robert