Phocus 3.7.1 Crash

Previous topic - Next topic

Juan Pascual Garrido

Hi friends, I've just wasted 30 editing minutes with a crash  :-\
If you create several layers (maybe in a few years they will be as precise as in LR or C1 are), don't forget to save the adjustment often

greenormal

I used 3.7.1 yesterday and had to revert to 3.6.4 because it was regularly crashing not just the app but my laptop

(H6D 50C, MBP 2015, OSX 12.6, USB 3 tethered - I did read it uses GPU for processing and mine has weak integrated graphics so maybe that's why?)

I love the sound of the improvements in 3.7 overall so hope this is something that gets fixed

JCM-Photos

You can configure your Phocus in saving automatically after each action or saving only manually when clicking the icon

layers worked always fine on my different Phocus versions

It is very important to load the very last graphic card driver version on the manufacturer site, and be carefull to get the right one. Often automatic GC driver update don't work.

If after update multiple crashes persist, you should definitely deactivate GPU computing
Sharpen your eyes not your files

Juan Pascual Garrido

Thank you JCM, I'll try it today

greenormal

thanks JCM +1, I'll also test it on the studio PC (rather than macbook pro) to see if it tethers better

JCM-Photos

Tethering can be very tricky, depending on the type of computer and cables

For example My MSI Windows laptop tethers perfectly the X1D on one USB3 socket on the right side and not at all on another USB3 socket on the left side, but both socket work nice with all other different USB gear.

Best cables are Tether Tools. (4m cable and 4m extensions with repeater)
I know a Hasselblad ambassador that had to do a demo on the Hasselblad booth on a big gear fair.
As he plugged in his 16m long 4x piggyback cables , Hasselblad Sweden guys said him this will never work.
he answered that in his studio he works allways with these cables, and they had to see it working to believe it.  ;D

CedV

Quote from: JCM-Photos on October 04, 2022, 07:18:32 AM
Tethering can be very tricky, depending on the type of computer and cables

For example My MSI Windows laptop tethers perfectly the X1D on one USB3 socket on the right side and not at all on another USB3 socket on the left side, but both socket work nice with all other different USB gear.

Best cables are Tether Tools. (4m cable and 4m extensions with repeater)
I know a Hasselblad ambassador that had to do a demo on the Hasselblad booth on a big gear fair.
As he plugged in his 16m long 4x piggyback cables , Hasselblad Sweden guys said him this will never work.
he answered that in his studio he works allways with these cables, and they had to see it working to believe it.  ;D

My tether tools repeaters fail to work with the X2D. Has anyone been able to use those?
I can establish a connection, but then it fails and reconnects over and over again. I have a hunch this could have something to do with the camera charging over USB. On the X1DII I keep this function switched off, but as far as I know that's not possible on the X2D.

JCM-Photos

I guess that tethertools repeaters are not compatible for charging, at least with my older cables ?
(it should be verified in manufacturers documents)

Roger Méndez

I had that issue too. I had problems with masking and the program just didn't stop crashing. I installed the program again and it seems to go better but I suppose that it will happen again.