Do some xcd lens mounts have a little play?

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicci

Hi guys,

I've just picked up the new xcd 55V and noticed that the lens mount has a little play (mounted on a X1D II). The same is true for my older 80/1.9. Neither of these lenses sit perfectly tight, they both have a very slight amount of play, rocking a bit left or right. As far as I can tell, this does not, in any way affect functionality of image quality.

I am wondering if some of you have made similar experiences. Would you exchange or return such a lens or is this normal?
All my other lenses sit perfectly tight, not the slightest amount of movement.

Let me know what you think.

Nicci

KlausJH

Same here. My 55V mounted on a 907X shows some minor radial play. It doesn't have the same tight fit as all my other XCD lenses. Too little to degrade the image quality.

JCM-Photos

Normally with older XCD lenses mechanical play is strongly damped by the rubber weather seal lip.
Do the new V lenses perhaps have another type of gasket ?
Sharpen your eyes not your files

KlausJH

Quote from: JCM-Photos on September 30, 2022, 09:43:18 PM
Normally with older XCD lenses mechanical play is strongly damped by the rubber weather seal lip.
Do the new V lenses perhaps have another type of gasket ?

The gasket looks like it's the same, but the seal lip is almost level with the mount surface. That is probably the reason why the lens is less tight.

Georg Kovalcik

My 45p and 90mm have no play whatsoever on my 907x, and personally I would not accept that. Have you asked Hasselblad support what they say about the issue?

JCM-Photos

The very first XCD 45 lenses gaskets at X1D launch had sometimes even missing play.
Taking off the 45 in humid misty weather went quite impossible, the gasket sticked to the camera.
During a night shoot on tripod after taking off the XCD45 I was no more able to mount the rear cap and did not understand what happened. Once at home I found a part of the gasket pulled out of the mount !
Hasselblad repared it under warranty and since then it works fine.
Some people reported the same trouble here at that time.
I guess Hasselblad to prevent this trouble gave even a little more play for this new lens series.
Sharpen your eyes not your files