CF Express B for X2D

Previous topic - Next topic

man-overboard

I see only one Sony 128GB and Sandisk 64-512GB cards are listed as compatible with the X2D.

I saw several others:

Agfa CF Express 2 512GB 257CHF
Wise CF Express B up to 1TB at 392 CHF (512GB) and 549CHF (1TB)
Angelbird AV Pro CF B SE 512GB at 208 CHF

I have had CF cards in the past from Wise and Angelbird, they never skipped a beat but at these prices I would prefer to know if they will play nicely with the X2D before purchase.

Anyone any experiene with these or other cards other than San Disk or Sony?

robertofranco

Quote from: man-overboard on September 28, 2022, 10:41:03 PM
I see only one Sony 128GB and Sandisk 64-512GB cards are listed as compatible with the X2D.

I saw several others:

I have had CF cards in the past from Wise and Angelbird, they never skipped a beat but at these prices I would prefer to know if they will play nicely with the X2D before purchase.

I had 2 Sony XQD for Nikons, no issues. 2 CFast from Angelbird/RED for Komodo, problem with both (bad batch), got replaced, no problems since them.

I don't plan to buy a  CF for X2D, but if one day oi decide to, I'll pick Sony even trusting Angelbird a lot.

SrMi

Quote from: robertofranco on September 28, 2022, 10:58:31 PM
Quote from: man-overboard on September 28, 2022, 10:41:03 PM

I saw several others:

I had 2 Sony XQD for Nikons, no issues. 2 CFast from Angelbird/RED for Komodo, problem with both (bad batch), got replaced, no problems since them.

I don't plan to buy a  CF for X2D, but if one day oi decide to, I'll pick Sony even trusting Angelbird a lot.

Sony Tough cards are a bit thicker than regular cards. Therefore, they are hard to insert and remove in the X2D. That is why I am using the Sandisk cards instead of Sony.
I have only tried Sony and Sandisk with the X2D.

man-overboard

I am going with the Angelbird AV Pro CF B SE 512GB.

jakontil

Hi everyone, jusr wondering if anyone cares to share their own experience with any cfexpress card which fully compatible with X2D?

I have my bad experience buying exascend type b cards essential 256Gb and element 512Gb which both failed to register a single shot from the X2D

Whn slotted in first time both cards give that warning, proceeded with format, i was sceptical because it took longer time

I also did format in mac and put it back to no avail, it will not detect the card whatsoever, after reboot camera, it would but wont save any image shot

Im interested if anyone successfully using a 1Tb card which will be perfect for backup with the internal

Right now i use the sandisk 128Gb which works very well as officially suggested

viking

I use OWC 512 gb (diglloyd has tested it) it works without problems, may get a 2nd as I prefer to use the internal ssd as backup only.

Andy Miller Photo UK

X2D works great with all my CFE-B cards - from Delkin Black, Prograde Cobalt and Gold, Sony Tough, Anglebird, Sabrent and a few others -- in otherwords all types of CFE-B work fine.

MGrayson

I use the SanDisk cards. I shoot to both SSD and card and then save the full cards as extra backups (you can't have too many backups). I've used 128GB and 256GB cards. I buy them when they're on sale at B&H.

Matt

mar-ko

I'm using an Angelbird AV PRO CFexpress B SE 512 GB without problems.

jakontil

Quote from: mar-ko on December 06, 2023, 03:38:29 AM
I'm using an Angelbird AV PRO CFexpress B SE 512 GB without problems.

Quote from: PatrickM on December 05, 2023, 11:48:14 PM
For what it's worth, the Travel Expedition Kit ships with the Sony Tough 126Gb CFExpress card. I'd say that's an Hasselblad endorsement. I only use it as overflow, and everything I shoot goes to the SSD. IF I were a pro, and I ='m not, I'd be happy to use it as backup.
Quote from: viking on December 05, 2023, 09:56:17 PM
I use OWC 512 gb (diglloyd has tested it) it works without problems, may get a 2nd as I prefer to use the internal ssd as backup only.

thank you, really greatly appreciated, it has been frustrating for me here since the price of CFExpress is massive, I live in indonesia, south east Asia and no consumer protection whatsoever and im stuck with unused cards but now I can rest assured which to pick for my next buy

Quote from: Andy Miller Photo UK on December 05, 2023, 10:55:21 PM
X2D works great with all my CFE-B cards - from Delkin Black, Prograde Cobalt and Gold, Sony Tough, Anglebird, Sabrent and a few others -- in otherwords all types of CFE-B work fine.

thanks for the reassurance, glad to hear almost any of the CFE B cards im familiar with are compatible, just really bad luck to first experience the element 512Gb dont work and I thought the more premium essential would! but I was so wrong and left frustrated

FYI, in here the most common is lexar however I didn't have the confident to go another around having not so good experience with their SD Cards, secondly is progear which I thought was formerly part of the lexar but yeah I was told by my local dealer, lexar is in fact what he actually suggested and proved to work just fine with X2D
and thirdly is the sandist, but it was quite pricey! I was worried my CFE B slot is the one having problem but yeah bought the 128Gb for trial before going bigger, I could always use it for back ups later
Quote from: MGrayson on December 06, 2023, 01:48:05 AM
I use the SanDisk cards. I shoot to both SSD and card and then save the full cards as extra backups (you can't have too many backups). I've used 128GB and 256GB cards. I buy them when they're on sale at B&H.

Matt

yeah im heading their way, I was actually waiting for the 512Gb but they were back ordered.. but im really glad, shouldn't be that hard to use any of the mention above and quite relief

thanks everyone!

Paul925

OWC 1TB has worked flawlessly for me. 

bcvthul

Nice to read that a 1Tb CF Express type B card is working...could be my next 'investment'...

Pablo14

I have been using Angelbird 1TB AV Pro SE card without any issue whatsoever

jakontil

Crazy, out of all the working CFExpress out there, i picked 2 subsequently that dont work at all to the point i was suspecting my camera has the problem with it

So i think almost nothing in particular except looking at the write speed above 1000MB/s which i thought is version 2 safe to say

jhasselblad

I use the 1TB SSD as first storage medium due to the velocity. And two Sandisk 512 GB CFExpress cards as backup - for security reasons, one of which remains at home or in the hotel.