Live video

Previous topic - Next topic

John Woods

In May 2009 I bought the pro-kit which included a H3D-50, 28mm and TS1.5 lens, plus various accessories.  Just what I wanted for architecture.  But I also wanted the TS for an experimental project requiring an extended field of view on the sea surface.  The project had being going well with my Nikon D3 plus Nikon TS lens, using live view to ensure critical focus when the lens was tilted.  I expected the H3D-50 would provide all the same facility plus higher IQ and resolution.  Before buying I had a lengthy demo at the Hasselblad pro centre in London, using the H3D-39 with live video on Phocus.  I was assured that the 50 would also have live video. So I bought it.  It did not habe live vodeo.  But I was assured by Hasselblad that LV would be released shortly.  The latest promise was for October.  LV is still not available in mid November.  To sum up, I was mis-sold the Pro-kit which does not have the promised live video.  As the result I had to abandon my plan to use the H3D-50 with tilt.  I tried some shots without tilt, but they have too narrow a depth of field for my experimental project.  Shift without critical focussing on a tethered laptop is a non-starter for this project.  I hope that someone from Hasselblad can tell me when I shall have live video for my H3D50.  I see it is advertised for the H4D.  Has live video been abandoned for the H3D?   

NickT

John
Feel your pain I think Hasselblad dropped the ball on the live video for the 50. That being said I know it has proved much harder to implement than expected.
I can't be too specific but I think you'll finally see it enabled in a couple of weeks.
Oh and welcome by the way.
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

David Grover

Please note LV is now available on Hasselblad.com