New Phocus, new bugs

Previous topic - Next topic

Juan Pascual Garrido

I'm working with a Mac Studio. Please, edit several photos (probably after a few crashes) and export them. What do you think?

bdp

Works fine for me in that regard with a 2019 iMac running OS 12.6 and my X1DII - it's very fast. But the new live video is not great. Try using it with the camera in portrait orientation - the image is on it's side, and only at the bottom half of the screen. Also it's a step back with the auto exposure, can't be brightened with the exposure slider anymore. DOF needs to be toggled on and off every time you start live video. Don't understand how the focus box works etc. Seems unfinished to me, like the X2D.

SrMi

I have a Mac Studio and have no issues with the latest Phocus 3.7.

Juan Pascual Garrido

Thanks for your answers. The problem is only in one folder ¿? in the rest, I have no problem

fti9748

I have Phocus 3.7 and a Mac Studio as well as a MacBook Pro and Phocus crashes reliably after opening a few images. Phocus is also NOT fast. Takes several seconds to display a X2D file. No issues with C1 Pro on the same machine with files from SL2 or IQ250.

I am new to Phocus so am not completely familiar with how to set it up.

JCM-Photos

I just noticed that on PC the new version is much faster,
showing previews, perhaps better using graph card processor ?
Sharpen your eyes not your files

CedV

I am noticing a significant upgrade in speed, both on the Mac Studio and Macbook.

Sadly, tethering is less stable. Several quirks and crashes with the X1DII. Live view on the computer is also much less responsive. The autofocus feature is nice but not if the connection fails. If you tether with live view and don't own any of the new lenses or an X2D, I'd advise against an upgrade for now.

And then there's the luma curve bug. Curves are no longer applied upon export. HB is already aware of this. I hope they'll address this soon.

Juan Pascual Garrido

I agree with you, CedV, crashes with my X1DII and I can't use luma curve.  :-\

JCM-Photos

And what about exporting older existing files with luma curves ?

As I am not at my home base during the next weeks I cannot try it  :)

CedV

Quote from: JCM-Photos on September 28, 2022, 04:13:15 AM
And what about exporting older existing files with luma curves ?

As I am not at my home base during the next weeks I cannot try it  :)

No, not on old files nor on new files. I have reported the issue and HB confirmed that they're working on it.

But I sure hope they will address all issues. Looks like they rushed the release. I've been using Phocus day in, day out, for several years now. Never before has a new release given me so many problems. I tether continuously with clients by my side. Today, the connection failed me 10 times or more. I had to restart Phocus and the camera and pause the shoot. I looked like an amateur. This is my job and my gear's supposed to work, always.

JCM-Photos

With Phocus the "age" of the file is very important, somme bugs appear on some file files and not on some others depending also  on the Raw motor version used. With V1 files some post possibilities are blocked, there is a workaround going to V3 doing the works and then returning to V1. Hasselblad knows it and they gave me the workaround !

andidevon

Quote from: CedV on September 28, 2022, 12:22:54 AM
I am noticing a significant upgrade in speed, both on the Mac Studio and Macbook.

Sadly, tethering is less stable. Several quirks and crashes with the X1DII. Live view on the computer is also much less responsive. The autofocus feature is nice but not if the connection fails. If you tether with live view and don't own any of the new lenses or an X2D, I'd advise against an upgrade for now.

And then there's the luma curve bug. Curves are no longer applied upon export. HB is already aware of this. I hope they'll address this soon.

I found that if you disable the extended graphics option, the exports come out correctly.

CedV

Quote from: andidevon on September 29, 2022, 01:57:05 PM

I found that if you disable the extended graphics option, the exports come out correctly.

Savior!

glaiben

New version out today (3.7.1)...
- the EIZO monitor calibration feature has been reintroduced, it's still only supported on Intel or running via Rosetta on Apple silicon
- a problem with luma curves not having effect on exports has been fixed
- on H6D and X1D there was a problem making a capture after having exited live view while in zoomed mode. This has been fixed
- also fixes another issue that meant live video auto exposure control might not be active even if it was indicated by the UI
- when browsing at 100% using Phocus Mobile 1 mirror was not handled correctly
- fixes a few crash issues, the most common one would happen directly after connection of the camera

....gregg