X2D and RRS L bracket

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

Could you find the depth measurement of the foot (front of foot to ring) please?

It'd be useful to know if it'd work in conjunction with an unhindered HTS and H adapter.

Thanks

Alex

ladaad

viking

Having had the X2D now for about a week, using it with e.g. the 80mm or the 35/75, I miss the extra hold the RRS L bracket gives me on the X1D ii. For that 'simple' reason I will get an L bracket for the X2D also, as with a heavy lens on I feel I need a bit bigger grip (what the X1D combo gives me). I also often use the vertical part as an extra left hand grip. Hope it will work out.

Sanford

Received the RRS L bracket for the X2D. Great build quality, proper access to the battery and good access (with bracket adjustment) to the card slot.

jakontil

Quote from: flash on June 21, 2023, 09:57:19 AM
Quote from: FoleyAMG on June 21, 2023, 07:41:21 AMReceived the RRS L Bracket today for the X2D...great fit...

Looks good. Can you confirm the weight?

Gordon

Hi gordon have you sticked with Atoll? How does it go?

Im considering the RRS but peipro seemed appealing too

However im using RRS clamp system... not sure which to go since it has compatibility issues outside RRS ecosystems

MGrayson

RRS makes very good stuff. Only Hejnar seems better engineered, but he doesn't make as wide a range of custom fitted gear. I made the mistake of landing on the other side of RRS's site and I'm not sure I want to keep doing business with them. Yeah, I know, I'm like a vegetarian who wears leather shoes. ::)

jakontil

im already stuck with RRS and their lever clamps is picky with the plate, however I decided against buying the designated L plate for X2D, instead opted for their universal ones which seemed to accommodate 907x body just fine

flash

Quote from: jakontil on March 03, 2024, 07:49:14 PM
Quote from: flash on June 21, 2023, 09:57:19 AM
Quote from: FoleyAMG on June 21, 2023, 07:41:21 AMReceived the RRS L Bracket today for the X2D...great fit...

Looks good. Can you confirm the weight?

Gordon

Hi gordon have you sticked with Atoll? How does it go?

Im considering the RRS but peipro seemed appealing too

However im using RRS clamp system... not sure which to go since it has compatibility issues outside RRS ecosystems

I also got the RRS plate. It's slightly more sturdy and stable than the Atoll but I still prefer the Atoll, *if* the camera is mostly on the tripod. I's not comfortable to use the Atol while handholding the camera. It interferes with gripping the camera. To be happy with the Atoll you need to be OK with removing it when not in use, unlike the RRS which you can just leave on the camera all the time.

For me, I found I was removing the RRS anyway as I don't want the camera bigger when handholding, so the Atoll makes more sense for me.

Gordon

jakontil

Hi @flash

Yeah that makes sense, i only use plates while on tripod and will definitely remove it when off tripod
Hence i go down the universal MC-LS route

Michael Erlewine

Having tried several l-brackets on the X2D, the RRS Modular plate kit is by far the best of the lot. It's vertical component is almost twice as strong as any other, really beefy and solid. This means a lot to me because I stack focus and like the vertical position and don't want the l-bracket to be at all weak or dampaning. It also is great for horizontal shooting as a grip.