X2D and RRS L bracket

Previous topic - Next topic

fcarucci

I ended up with the PEIPRO bracket. It fits perfectly so, for now, I cancelled the RRS order.

Franka

Does Peipro have a QD connection?

Michael H. Cothran

Franka

Quick detach mechanism.  Push a button to remove the hand strap or neck strap from the camera attachment.

MarkN

Really Right Stuff is now taking pre-orders for modular plates for the X2D.  A dedicated L-plate for the X2D is in the works from RRS!

https://www.reallyrightstuff.com/BX2D

MarkN

RRS has been taking pre-orders for the X2D L-plate for several months now (since Feb 2023).  I wonder when they will start shipping - has anyone been in contact with RRS?

mikaelo67

I gave up and ordered a Peipro yesterday from eBay.

MarkN

I contacted RRS today and received the following reply:

"The X2D plates are currently in the manufacturing process and this can be anywhere from 8-12 weeks and we are fulfilling backorders. I would recommend reaching out in the future for a more specific ETA.
We accept pre-authorizations on orders and your card is not charged until your order is shipped."

Soon my friends, soon... :)

AndrewM

Quote from: mikaelo67 on April 13, 2023, 03:23:35 AM

I gave up as well. The Peipro fits great. No regrets.

mikaelo67

Great to know. Thanks. I hope mine will come in a week or so. Was shipped from China.

Quote from: AndrewM on April 14, 2023, 02:44:53 AM
Quote from: mikaelo67 on April 13, 2023, 03:23:35 AM

I gave up as well. The Peipro fits great. No regrets.

BostonBoy

Ditto. I gave up as well and ordered the Peipro.

Long time RRS user here. Excellent quality, but lead time and total cost shipping to Europe in particular with UPS "Saver" shipping fees of > 91 USD plus import taxes make the total cost > 4 X for me compared to the PeiPro delivered to my door step in under 3 days.

And the PeiPro is an excellent fit, too. Has the QD attachment point and can even fit a PD quick link.

I'm happy. Done. Waited much too long on my last RRS order, too (OM-1 L-Plate).

Personally I think RRS is pricing themselves out of the market, despite their top notch quality. You can be expensive and quick, but not expensive and a year late to the party. Time-to-Market is important, especially with comparable quality with a significant price difference.

man-overboard

Yes sadly quite a number of Western companies seem to have this issue and in consequence are losing out to nimbler competition from other parts of the world. However we live in extremely mad times.

mar-ko

I had the RRS plate for my (now sold) X1Ds. Loved it. And I recommend the Peipros for the X2D (I had both X2D versions):

The »L bracket« version is different from the »single plate«: the latter is shallower and lighter, but does not accept an additional »L element«; the L bracket can be used without the L element, but it is thicker.
The only thing I don't like is the »Peipro« label instead of »RRS« ;). I sold the Peipro L bracket version and kept the single plate; I hardly use portrait format on a tripod.

mikaelo67

I got my Peipro bracket yesterday for my X2D. I must say that the quality seems very good. The fit is perfect. You can easily access the battery with the bracket on and you can extend the side far enough to access doors, use it as a handle or fit cables easily. I paid 120 USD on eBay, shipping was about 10 days from China. Arrived well packaged and included a hex wrench.

Frankvth