HCD 28mm Offset distance reading

Previous topic - Next topic

ALAIN

Hello,

I've already tinkered with a few lenses, but this time, loving this 28mm, I would like some advice to avoid any problems.
The defect is the following:
- the value of the undefined distance in the transparent window of the objective is false.
Accustomed to choosing the depth of field with this scale, it bothers me.

Would it be possible to take advantage of some experiments to succeed in reaching and recalibrating this ring (knowing that the optics work perfectly in autofocus).
Thank you in advance and beautiful images to all,

Alain (from France)

JCM-Photos

I have the same "problem" with my HCD28 on the X1D
Sharpen your eyes not your files

ALAIN

Same with H or X for me : the lens is not calibrated ;)

JCM-Photos

In fact my lens is electronically calibrated as distances on screen and datas are OK, there is an offset on the mechanichal lens distance scale.
I bought my XCD28 as a demo with only a few hundreds of releases, it is a recent orange dot version with AF on the X system. AF is also OK.
I bought it specialy to use it in the future with the HTS.

The orange dot XCD28 is also intesting on the X system when used with adapter and converter as it replaces both XCD 30 and XCD 28, but this H lens is a huge chunck compared to X lenses and not as sharp as the XCD21 and 30.

ALAIN

Thank you, but my problem is much simpler; I had to explain myself badly: everything is ok in autofocus and I can use it in manual focus, except that the value indicated is wrong. It is just the ring bearing the distance indication whose locking screw had to loosen and which had to turn. I would simply like to know how to reach this little magic screw (already seen on other optics of the brand) which makes it possible to adjust and lock the position of this ring by aiming at a known distance.
Thanks in advance.

JCM-Photos

OK I didn't know that there is a screw that blocks the position the distance scale ring that and that it can loosen, in fact mine has the same problem as your H28, but I don't really mind as I use AF or MF in live view, not the scale.

ALAIN

Ok, it's true that it's not that bad, except perhaps for the hyperfocal, in street view for example, which I like, both in Leica M, in X1D and in H5D-60...