Fotodiox Pro Automatic Macro Extension Tube

Previous topic - Next topic

alextsayun

tenmangu81

I have the 48mm, and all works, including AF.
Robert

Danny

I've used the 48mm extension tube with the XCD120 & 45.  Works fine.

mikaelo67

I have the 20mm and used it with the 120 macro. It has worked fine and has been sufficient for my needs.

alextsayun

SeanRL

I've tried using the 20mm with the XCD 90 to get close-ups in studio.

Main problem was that the excellent corners/edges one gets with the XCD 90 were no more.
Could be a solution if this isn't an issue for you.

S

stevek5

I have one that works -- now. But I went through 2 others that caused my lens shutter blades to freeze.  I don't know if I got a bad couple of units, but I ordered directly from Fotodiox and that one works.  However, occasionally, there are connection problems (usually right in the middle of focus stacking). So, it's not been perfect for me but it does work. Note that I did have a long discussion with Hasselblad tech support and they couldn't figure out what was wrong.

boojum

Fotodiox is out of 20mm extension tubes.  I have the 55mm f/2.5 V lens.  Would the 48mm extension tube be a good choice for an amateur to fool around with?
Elpis

bdp

Quote from: SeanRL on May 13, 2022, 08:28:52 AM
I've tried using the 20mm with the XCD 90 to get close-ups in studio.

Main problem was that the excellent corners/edges one gets with the XCD 90 were no more.
Could be a solution if this isn't an issue for you.

S

I also have one and found the image quality to be degraded with my 90mm. So I bought a 120 macro instead. I don't use the extension tube any more.

alextsayun

Quote from: boojum on November 30, 2022, 02:09:53 PM
Fotodiox is out of 20mm extension tubes.  I have the 55mm f/2.5 V lens.  Would the 48mm extension tube be a good choice for an amateur to fool around with?

I bought 20mm and use it with XCD 65mm, for me, it is good enough, 48 allows you to focus even closer, so it depends on your needs.

tenmangu81

Quote from: boojum on November 30, 2022, 02:09:53 PM

With the 55V and the 48mm Fotodiox extension tube, the magnification would be about 1:1. I have a 48mm Fotodiox, and could use the 45P for duplicating (scanning) my old 24x36 negatives, as the corresponding magnification would be 1,26x for this lens. I haven't tried yet.
Robert

pdprinter

All XCD lenses with the exception of both 45mm and the 30mm have internal or front focusing which means that their back lens elements have an optimized distance to the sensor which stays constant during focusing. So any change of that distance would very likely significantly degrade the IQ.
The 30mm lens has floating elements of optimize close distance focus which should not work with extension tubes.
Only the 45mm lenses focus by changing the distance of the entire lens to sensor and could work well with extension tubes. The 20mm extension is interesting for me as the 48 will yield too high magnification and would need tripod + focusing rail. So I have to wait till back in stock!

boojum

Right you are!  I just checked it.  First time I have seen a lens like that.  OK, you just saved me some money.  Woohoo.  Black cigars, fast women and strong whiskey now.   LOL
Elpis