907X on Arc Body

Previous topic - Next topic

brian

Does anyone know if a 907X back will work on an Arc Body and is willing to share their experience?

JCM-Photos

No practical experience at all but according to Hasselblad it works.

I would be interested but prices are very high with often missing parts on what you can find on the used market and it's difficult finding these parts.

Sharpen your eyes not your files

luca_mnl

I have tried my earlier Phase One P25 on my Arcbody with the ApoGrand 35 but images are unusable. Color fogged on 30-50% of the area. Simply, the CDD sensor could not take the angled light rays from the lens. Beyond what the lens correction software could handle superimposing a corrective shot.
CMOS sensors should handle that better, but I suggest you try before spending the crazy money the ask for an Arcbody now.
At the end I sold the Arcbody and moved to a less extreme Flexbody if I need some tilt/shift with the digital back, and now I have a 907 but no longer have the Arcbody ☹.
Until HB releases a T/S native solution for the X system, when I need to go wide I use a Nikon 19 PC on any FF body: a lens I can recommend with no doubt.
Luca

JCM-Photos

I too use the Nikon 19 PC-E on the Nikon D850 and it's a fabulous lens on a Nikon FF body.

This lens, as well as many other F mount lenses, don't work properly on the Hasselblad X-System due to the too small  F-mount, even without shift.
Sharpen your eyes not your files

Ciro Frank Schiappa

Hi!

I have been using an Arc body camera for about a year. I sold it. I regretted it and now I am waiting for the delivery of a newly purchased arc body.
The problem with this camera is finding a back that allows you to resolve the sharpness of the lens very close to the sensor.
I used the 907x back with the arcbody for a few hours but I immediately ran into the first problem. (which is a back design issue in my opinion).
The first and perhaps only big problem is using the arcbody and 907 back for vertical images.
The camera body does not rotate and neither does the 907 back (!).
So to conclude the best back I have tried with this camera is the phase one P25. Excellent colors (ccd) large pixels that allow a perfect rendering of the rodenstock lenses (and works perfectly with the SWC) and above all I say above all it can rotate!

I understand and love the fact that 907x has got live view . This is an incredible feature to use with a small technical camera as the Arcbody.