XCD65

Previous topic - Next topic

tenmangu81

Hi,
I already own the XCD45P and the XCD90, but my favorite lens, when I shot with the Leica M, was a 50 mm. I am thus considering buying the XCD65, and I'd like to get some advices about this lens, as I've seen that the MTF curves are not as good as those of the 45P and the 90. I agree that MTF curves are not the only characteristics to be taken into account, however.
Thanks.
Robert

anestesik

don't worry about mtf, it is as good as both those 45 and 90, same look, same colors, same sharpness, same contrast....

amazing lens and 2.8, very close to a 50 summicron, beautiful bokeh, fast, 200g would be perfect and more compact being 2.8 but cool enough, exactly same weigh as 90 3.2

I use it for full body shots in studio and an "only one less" for short travels. Good for isolation on subjects.

On portraiture I guess is between wides and teles, I dont find it a useful focal length for portrait but the look is the same as any XCD, maybe a slight better contrast control.

one of the best designs of Hasselblad for sure.

tenmangu81

Many thanks, anestesik, for your experience with that lens and your advice !!
Robert

JCM-Photos

Here the opinion of a guy knowing really well the X System as a user (Leica, Fuji MF, Phase MD, Nikon too)

https://youtu.be/ey-QegqG-DI
Sharpen your eyes not your files

tenmangu81

Thanks Jean-Claude ! I guess the resolution shown in this video is not the best way to praise this lens, but we can see the details we can get with it, however.
Robert

JCM-Photos

Well, for me it's just the confirmation that all XCD lenses have the same high level of built qualities, outstanding visual image results in all conditions of focal length, aperture, distance with a minimum of shooting care and Phocus postprocessing.

When I sometimes use again a FF camera I always have to do compromises, with more post. I only come close with some low megapixel FF gear !
Sharpen your eyes not your files