Any H lenses worth using in X system?

Previous topic - Next topic

JCM-Photos

Quote from: Glaumax on September 21, 2022, 07:16:41 PM
Just a question for H lenses users.

Do you need to use the electronic shutter of the camera with H lenses?

Thanks.
The H leaf shutter works perfectly on X cameras, it's just limited to 1/800s with non orange dot lenses, not limited with orange dot
There is no AF with  non orange dot lenses, AF works with orange dot
Sharpen your eyes not your files

mar-ko

Quote from: JCM-Photos on September 21, 2022, 08:04:14 PM
The H leaf shutter works perfectly on X cameras, it's just limited to 1/800s with non orange dot lenses, not limited with orange dot
There is no AF with  non orange dot lenses, AF works with orange dot

I think, AF does not work with adapted HC 120 mm macro lenses (both version I and II).
The manual is a little unclear to me, however – maybe soneone with hands on experience can confirm this?

pdprinter

if AF does not work with the HC 120mm Macro then focus bracketing should not work either?

JCM-Photos

HC120 is the exception among H orange dot lenses that isn't compatible with X System AF
Sharpen your eyes not your files

vigia

HC firmware versions later than V18 can auto focus on the x system, except for HC120, including HC120 orange dot.

Andy Miller Photo UK

Well there are at least 2 :

a) The HTS1.5+XH0.8 converter or XH adapter AND 4/28 (for architectural) and most other HC lenses -- SADLY it does not work with the HC 120 or HC 120-ii - I have not tried it with and HCD lenses.

b) HC 4.5/300 + HC 1.7TC and XH adapter -- Yes has to have firmware 19.1 to work on the X2D -- mine is on its way back from Gothenburg I will find out how well it works

AND of course it works with Cambo Actus and other view cameras -- with Cambo Actus lenses as well.