Phocus on Windows 10 (2004) - visible differences between working spaces.

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

Hi,

For those of you using colour targets and other such reference materials in Phocus on Windows 10; do you see immediate differences when switching between the two working spaces (Hasselblad RGB / L Star RGB)?  If using a Color Checker it'd be most obvious in the Blue patch.

I'm trying to see whether I have a bug in my OS or the software; In Windows 7, the working spaces are pretty identical. If I bring captures into the Windows 7 installation made through the Phocus running on 10 OS, they look pretty terrible and need a WB or other simple modification in order for them to look ok (IOW the Phocus running on the W10 installation is making some modifications to the files themselves rather than just displaying them incorrectly).

I've tried the usual steps of reinstalling, starting afresh (not to the level of the OS yet).

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Alex

Alex

Ah, I think I've fixed it; it looks like the WCS files (Windows/Sys32/Spool/Drivers/Color) in the Windows 10 installation were corrupted; upon replacing them from another installation, everything seems to be rendering correctly again (well, as well as Windows's CMS can do).

Alex