X1D II 50C warming up

Previous topic - Next topic

nmatvrider

Hi.  I have rented the X1D for a week as I am interested in buying one.  Got it with the 65mm lens.  Received it yesterday and spent some time going thru the menus and took about 8 pictures outdoors with it.  I noticed the left hand side of the camera got really warm.  Not hot but warm.  This is the side with the connections and sd cards.  Is this normal?  Turned it on this afternoon to take a few more pictures and it started to warm up again.  Only that side.  Turned it off and it cooled right down.  Since the camera is not mine, I don't want to overheat it.  Any advice appreciated.  NOTE:  Took it out again this afternoon and left it on.  The battery compartment area also got warm, so it is not the left side only.

tenmangu81

Yes, the X1D II (and probably the X1D as well) warms up a little when working. If you handle it outside of your bag, there is no problem. If you forget to turn it OFF before putting it in your bag and continue to walk, it will stay ON and will warm even a little bit more. But it is its normal way of working, due to its compactness. Don't worry ! But it's better to turn it OFF before putting in your bag for a while.
Robert

JCM-Photos

The X1D runs warmer than the X1DII and 907x.

At the beginning with my X1D Mk 1 It has been a problem twice and it became very very hot left on in the bag. I guess it was just before high temperature safety shutdown.
I had to take pictures at 1600 ISO in low light that hot. (ballon takeoff at dawn)
I got a lot of digital noise and not mapped hot pixels in my images.
After cooling down the camera ran again without problem.

The X1D does not turn on by itself in the bag, you have just to set ccorrectly the auto shutoff numbers in the menu.

The 907x has really a problem as it easily turns on by itself in the bag. Even if auto shutoff had worked it can
turn on by itself again and again.
Hasselblad should make a recessed on button on the 907X.
Sharpen your eyes not your files