907 & 1DX2 problems

Previous topic - Next topic

docholliday

Quote from: TimWright on June 29, 2021, 10:53:48 AM
So I have been talking to HB tech support about the problems with the X1D2 and their only suggestion is to send it and the 135mm lens in so they can repair it/them. I purchased these in January so i took them back to the store where I purchased them. I have been dealing with them for over 20 years and whenever I have had a problem with either my Leica or Fuji cameras I drop them there and they handle the rest. When i went in they informed me that HB has changed their service and that I would have to send the gear in myself. In talking to UPS I found out that to insure and ship it from Canada would cost me close to $1000.00 one way. Now I don't know what to do. Brand new defective equipment and I have to pay that kind of money to have it fixed under warranty.
Suggestions?

I'd be calling Hasselblad and making one hell'uva stink about it. Sounds like your dealer didn't want to foot the bill themselves and threw it back to you. I'd call HB, explain the ridiculousness of the situation on a new item that is in warranty and the associated cost. Then, have them send a call tag to pick up the items - or return them to the store for a refund and buy it from another store.

Bashir Lunat

$1000 shipping cost? Seems too much. I just posted a H3D body to Jimmy in Denmark,postage and insurance cost :£17.
Can you ask Hasselblad to arrange for collection from your address?
After sales service must be better than pre sales sweet talks.  :)

TimWright

When I get back in town Friday I will call get get it clarified. They told me $105 per thousand value but that does seem ridiculous.

JCM-Photos

This seems totally foolish !

I had a warranty issue on a lens bought in Germany Iself living in France.
Hasselblad Sweden let Hasselblad France organize a prepaid shipping.
I had just to pack the lens, glue on it the slipper they sent me in a mail and wait a few hours until the carrier came to my home picking it up. I had nothing to pay.
The lens came back repaired the same way two weeks later
Sharpen your eyes not your files

TimWright

The dealer worked with/for me to get the camera shipped to HB despite the letter from HB that I as the customer had to handle it myself. Today I got an email from them saying that parts are needed from Europe and they don't know how long it will take due to slow downs at the factory etc etc. And oh they said they hoped that I would not be inconvenienced by the delay. WTF! Terrible terrible support. My 4th lens the 80mm just arrived at the dealer but I told them I wont take it till the camera returns from service and I know it works.

docholliday

Quote from: TimWright on July 13, 2021, 12:16:00 PM
The dealer worked with/for me to get the camera shipped to HB despite the letter from HB that I as the customer had to handle it myself. Today I got an email from them saying that parts are needed from Europe and they don't know how long it will take due to slow downs at the factory etc etc. And oh they said they hoped that I would not be inconvenienced by the delay. WTF! Terrible terrible support. My 4th lens the 80mm just arrived at the dealer but I told them I wont take it till the camera returns from service and I know it works.
I'd be returning a letter saying that while you understand the delay due to worldwide circumstances, you are not fine with the camera having all the issues and etc. I'd be demanding for a loaner to use in the interim.

I understand that things break and the supply chain is out of one's control, but with the issues you've had, I'd expected them to go above and beyond as it isn't within normal expectations!

TimWright

I have told them I need it before July 31. I leave early the 31st on a trip to Nova Scotia with accommodations reserved and paid for in Lunenburg which is an old seaside port where the Bluenose sailing ship is berthed. This is an important trip and I need the camera beforehand to make sure it is fixed. If they cant I will ask for a full refund for the whole kit and buy a Fuji system.

docholliday

Quote from: TimWright on July 13, 2021, 12:58:43 PM
I have told them I need it before July 31. I leave early the 31st on a trip to Nova Scotia with accommodations reserved and paid for in Lunenburg which is an old seaside port where the Bluenose sailing ship is berthed. This is an important trip and I need the camera beforehand to make sure it is fixed. If they cant I will ask for a full refund for the whole kit and buy a Fuji system.
I don't blame ya at all for that! But, I wouldn't be holding my breath either being that close to your deadline. In the electronics world, we've got some parts backordered until January, 2022 right now. And these are simple things like microswitches, not complex ASICs.

TimWright

Well they were able to get the required parts , repair it and ship it so cant complain about turn around. I should have it Friday so fingers crossed the problems are solved.

sailronin

I had an issue this weekend with my 907x where the auto focus didn't work.  I found that the contacts on the camera body were sticking. I little cleaning with a clean, dry cloth and the camera is back in action.

docholliday

Quote from: sailronin on August 10, 2021, 03:53:09 AM
I had an issue this weekend with my 907x where the auto focus didn't work.  I found that the contacts on the camera body were sticking. I little cleaning with a clean, dry cloth and the camera is back in action.
That's when it's time to add a little Deoxit (red) to the contacts... my H used to do this and the Deoxit not only prevents oxidation, but it also lubes the pins a bit.

sailronin

JCM-Photos

Quote from: sailronin on August 10, 2021, 03:53:09 AM
Yes I had once a lens detection problem with the 907x and it came from bad a contact between body and back, what's painful when being outdoor in the wind.
Sharpen your eyes not your files

pss

the buttons on my 907 started to rub off, still under warranty, so I contacted HB USA, the people there are super responsive, they sent me a prepaid UPS label, I actually ended up having to wait to send it in because I needed the camera, when I was ready I chose to do overnight shipping (with a UPS special promo, cost was 50$ from LA to NJ) I emailed support first, they literally waited for my camera, received it, fixed the buttons, cleaned it and shipped it back within a day. HB policy is to only pay for ground shipping, which is fine with me, I can pay for extra/faster shipping if I need.
I can't imagine going through a dealer and don't know why I would. HB has email and phone support, they have an online repair request form which is pretty straight forward, the whole process is pretty simple. I would say a normal repair with free shipping (west coast) is anywhere between 2 to 3 weeks.

fotomuerz

Recently my 907x "freezes" more often in standby mode and can only be activated by switching it off / on. What can that be? Thank you!