Wish List - L-bracket

Previous topic - Next topic

Mats E

If not mistaken, this has been in a thread at an earlier stage. Do we know if there is a development on this or any suggestions what other not branded L-brackets that are suitable to use with H3D, etc? Preferably using the Hasselblad quick plate so that you easily can get the camera free of the entire bracket for handheld shooting.

Mats
Mats

Dustbak

Not exactly sure what you mean Mats? I use the RRS L-Bracket and have it more or less permanently attached to one of my H bodies. I am very happy with this solution. I am not sure whether it fits in the Hasselblad solution. I use RRS clamps on tripods & studio stands.

Mats E

Quote from: Dustbak on October 21, 2009, 02:34:04 AM
Not exactly sure what you mean Mats? I use the RRS L-Bracket and have it more or less permanently attached to one of my H bodies. I am very happy with this solution. I am not sure whether it fits in the Hasselblad solution. I use RRS clamps on tripods & studio stands.

I think somebody started a couple of months back a wish list including accessories, expectations from new releases of Phocus, etc. and one of them was asking if there was any interest for development of an original L-bracket as it is an important tool in many situations. I just wonder what happened to that wish list, i.e. if there is any feedback from Hasselblad.

Recently, I got an L-bracket from Manfrotto, but it is not well desigened to hold the H-body shooting vertical. Ok for Nikon D3 though.
Mats

Mats E

Derek,

thanks for your feedback. I´m going to Hong Kong next week, and will try to look for it and check it out. Imagine it will be hard to find here in Manila.

Mats
Mats

Mats E

Btw, is it possible to use the RRS bracket with one of Manfrotto´s quick locks? ... or is it just suitable for RRS own heads and quick locks?
Mats
Mats

rsmphoto

Quote from: Mats Elerud on October 24, 2009, 03:57:19 AM
Btw, is it possible to use the RRS bracket with one of Manfrotto´s quick locks? ... or is it just suitable for RRS own heads and quick locks?
Mats

Yes, sort of. I use the 410 head, with one of RRS Quick release clamps mounted to the 410's platform. It's actually rock solid this way. I've had no issues over two years with this setup AND this arrangement allows me to use the HTS without the mast. the HTS assembly hangs over the edge of the 410's platform.

Aileen

indeed I asked for something like this, but my issue is hand held shooting
...well for now I just see it as free fitness time...